Lobby: Up
Online: 49
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm 

As a reminder, here's what Roy had to say to "linkshell leaders out there" in April, right after handing his gaiters back and starting a new adventure. Seems like he did not follow his own advice.

Royalized wrote:
Hello, the internet world of nasomi. I just thought i'd drop through the forums and make a few suggestions to some of the linkshell leaders in a ever evolving endgame scene that harbors competitive nature, arbitrary emotional politics, and linkshells that actively and continually revolve around time-gated content/events. This is just a perspective of a random player. I know people will probably think "why does this matter?" But i feel information and the ability to reflect and bounce ideas on leadership and overall linkshell prosperity is something important for a community of linkshells like we have on this server. There's importance for these types of talks in an MMO environment such as this one, and constructive strains can train the brain if you know what i'm saying.

I am going to suggest some stuff, but i ask you don't shoot the messenger if you feel i am attacking any type of tendencies you might be currently experiencing.

If you want your linkshell to be at the top, have structure and harmony among the members and leaders. Don't aid leaders, or a said leader in their ability to ride the dictatorial high horse over the ocean of content available here if they seem unsensible. No leader should view themselves more important than the body that keeps the machine turning. If your ego is the focus of how you play the game, and you want to hold a tyrannical rod over the people, it's not going to work out for you. People get smart, and eventually stop biting/buying your rule in the game of sensibility bullsh*t.

There's members who don't have the title of "leaders", but never doubt anyone's ability to contribute rational and logical levels of reason to any situation a shell may be harboring at the time. It's important as a leader to hold a stance on what you say, as people will hear how you respond, and it will echo like a wave through the linkshell, projecting a level of your moral and emotional stability for decision making. Most people play this game with confidence, feeling their dedication to any linkshell will not go in vain, and a big factor that can contribute and help drive that confidence is balance within the leadership head. Linkshells with weak minded leaders are not exempt from seeing the light of the undertone, stuck in the perpetual spin, never gaining a grasp for footing when it comes to focusing ls interests to constructively moving forward on goals or ideas. It's your goal to moderate the tears and keep the linkshell symmetry flexible for ever evolving situations.

A big issue that can jumble the overall vision of a linkshell is favoritism. People who tend to be more likeable can sometimes easily gain regard for the favor of leaders within a linkshell. It makes sense though in the bigger picture of things to keep people like this around, as they are more likely to bring positive attitude consistently than someone who is continually negative. The "likeables" shouldn't be held on a higher standard just because of this though. It's important to value members overall work flow collectively, taking into account what each member contribute individually within any given time frame. Yeah, their are those who might only show up to stuff, but are those members actively trying to help the linkshell progress with things such as camping, and farming? It's sad to see some linkshells valuing the type of people that have no other skill in anything other than using the /l as a twitter feed for likes among other members.

One of the best things leaders of a linkshell can do is find and retain players who don't take a casual ride to gear. If they are willing to put in more work than others in contributing to the bigger picture of things, it might be in your best interest to take care of them. These are the type of people who will give oxygen to the lifeblood of the linkshell, and will help base the foundation and future in how you progresses and hold your image through the competitive and daunting nature of Nasomi.

We've seen linkshells come and go that embody the vision of free reign, free gains in utilizing things such as botting and cheating at HNM camps. It's shouldn't be the job of members to moderate if it's okay or not to participate in. If you allow your people to cheat in any way, and knowingly and unwillingly address or extinguish their pearls before it gets out of control, you fail as a leader. There's little to no resolve in leaders who close their eye's when disciplinary action are needed for cheaters.

I think it's worth chiming in on what i feel is a successful key that leaders needs to keep in mind. You shouldn't allow yourself to get emotionally attached to the concepts and ideas of what your members are actively involved with. You're in a position to discipline, congregate thought patterns, and initiate the steps to keep progressively moving forward. Emotional politics shouldn't be your realm of focus if you aren't trying to be a casual linkshell leader. Don't allow unsensible emotions deter your overall vision. Be heartless to the drama, use your intellect, and push to hone and refine your leadership skills.

I hope in time to see new linkshells that can compete with the greats of times past, and current top linkshells. There's a lot more i can say, but i think this is enough for now.

Take it easy people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:07 pm 

Fidelcashflow wrote:

Who are you again, and why does it matter to you? Also what kind of a hate boner do you have against people who play this game more than you?

I'm an amused party.

And I really don't care if people play the game more than me. I just find the idea of spending 14 hours farming sea or having a 36 hour XP party completely absurd. At least add some variety in there.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 pm 

Camper wrote:
As a reminder, here's what Roy had to say to "linkshell leaders out there" in April, right after handing his gaiters back and starting a new adventure. Seems like he did not follow his own advice.

Royalized wrote:
Hello, the internet world of nasomi. I just thought i'd drop through the forums and make a few suggestions to some of the linkshell leaders in a ever evolving endgame scene that harbors competitive nature, arbitrary emotional politics, and linkshells that actively and continually revolve around time-gated content/events. This is just a perspective of a random player. I know people will probably think "why does this matter?" But i feel information and the ability to reflect and bounce ideas on leadership and overall linkshell prosperity is something important for a community of linkshells like we have on this server. There's importance for these types of talks in an MMO environment such as this one, and constructive strains can train the brain if you know what i'm saying.

I am going to suggest some stuff, but i ask you don't shoot the messenger if you feel i am attacking any type of tendencies you might be currently experiencing.

If you want your linkshell to be at the top, have structure and harmony among the members and leaders. Don't aid leaders, or a said leader in their ability to ride the dictatorial high horse over the ocean of content available here if they seem unsensible. No leader should view themselves more important than the body that keeps the machine turning. If your ego is the focus of how you play the game, and you want to hold a tyrannical rod over the people, it's not going to work out for you. People get smart, and eventually stop biting/buying your rule in the game of sensibility bullsh*t.

There's members who don't have the title of "leaders", but never doubt anyone's ability to contribute rational and logical levels of reason to any situation a shell may be harboring at the time. It's important as a leader to hold a stance on what you say, as people will hear how you respond, and it will echo like a wave through the linkshell, projecting a level of your moral and emotional stability for decision making. Most people play this game with confidence, feeling their dedication to any linkshell will not go in vain, and a big factor that can contribute and help drive that confidence is balance within the leadership head. Linkshells with weak minded leaders are not exempt from seeing the light of the undertone, stuck in the perpetual spin, never gaining a grasp for footing when it comes to focusing ls interests to constructively moving forward on goals or ideas. It's your goal to moderate the tears and keep the linkshell symmetry flexible for ever evolving situations.

A big issue that can jumble the overall vision of a linkshell is favoritism. People who tend to be more likeable can sometimes easily gain regard for the favor of leaders within a linkshell. It makes sense though in the bigger picture of things to keep people like this around, as they are more likely to bring positive attitude consistently than someone who is continually negative. The "likeables" shouldn't be held on a higher standard just because of this though. It's important to value members overall work flow collectively, taking into account what each member contribute individually within any given time frame. Yeah, their are those who might only show up to stuff, but are those members actively trying to help the linkshell progress with things such as camping, and farming? It's sad to see some linkshells valuing the type of people that have no other skill in anything other than using the /l as a twitter feed for likes among other members.

One of the best things leaders of a linkshell can do is find and retain players who don't take a casual ride to gear. If they are willing to put in more work than others in contributing to the bigger picture of things, it might be in your best interest to take care of them. These are the type of people who will give oxygen to the lifeblood of the linkshell, and will help base the foundation and future in how you progresses and hold your image through the competitive and daunting nature of Nasomi.

We've seen linkshells come and go that embody the vision of free reign, free gains in utilizing things such as botting and cheating at HNM camps. It's shouldn't be the job of members to moderate if it's okay or not to participate in. If you allow your people to cheat in any way, and knowingly and unwillingly address or extinguish their pearls before it gets out of control, you fail as a leader. There's little to no resolve in leaders who close their eye's when disciplinary action are needed for cheaters.

I think it's worth chiming in on what i feel is a successful key that leaders needs to keep in mind. You shouldn't allow yourself to get emotionally attached to the concepts and ideas of what your members are actively involved with. You're in a position to discipline, congregate thought patterns, and initiate the steps to keep progressively moving forward. Emotional politics shouldn't be your realm of focus if you aren't trying to be a casual linkshell leader. Don't allow unsensible emotions deter your overall vision. Be heartless to the drama, use your intellect, and push to hone and refine your leadership skills.

I hope in time to see new linkshells that can compete with the greats of times past, and current top linkshells. There's a lot more i can say, but i think this is enough for now.

Take it easy people.

You show me where he strayed off from this post and I'll show you a unicorn with golden nipples.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 pm 

So I can Confirm that the 36 hour XP party was a thing planed more then a month in advance to help a LS member stay wake during a sleep study he was going to take place in, and was never a LS event persay, and everyone in the LS was very aware of this taking place. Honestly thought I tried my best to always be in contact with the LS about my Real Life stuff i was taking care of, and like I said playing FFXIV was alot easier to do rather then play Nasomi even if i wasn't doing a 14 hour LS event. I just love that the reasons because I was kicked from the LS because I didnt fit into the LS that is nothing but a cliche anyways, and only out for themselves. They going to say we already have all this gear so why do we care, and that is partly true. The only thing they care about is trying to Dethrone TopShelf from whatever pedestal they consider TopShelf to be on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 pm 

Madmidget wrote:
So I can Confirm that the 36 hour XP party was a thing planed more then a month in advance to help a LS member stay wake during a sleep study he was going to take place in, and was never a LS event persay, and everyone in the LS was very aware of this taking place. Honestly thought I tried my best to always be in contact with the LS about my Real Life stuff i was taking care of, and like I said playing FFXIV was alot easier to do rather then play Nasomi even if i wasn't doing a 14 hour LS event. I just love that the reasons because I was kicked from the LS because I didnt fit into the LS that is nothing but a cliche anyways, and only out for themselves. They going to say we already have all this gear so why do we care, and that is partly true. The only thing they care about is trying to Dethrone TopShelf from whatever pedestal they consider TopShelf to be on.

The only reason we had an event for 14 hours is because there were people willing to dedicate their Sunday to getting Sea capes. It allowed for those that could come in the morning, afternoon, and evening to attend. If you could pop in at whatever time you needed to get your cape that was acceptable. Some stayed the entire 14 hours, some left and came back later, and some came whenever they could. It made it so everyone could come out and try and get their cape on their own time really. I can't see where this is bad. Not a single person is required to farm anything for 14 hours.. ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 pm 

This is some of the saddest shit i've seen in a while. I don't usually get into this type of shit, but whatever. From the time you joined the ls Cynica, YOU have made comments along the lines of... "My mouth is gonna get me in trouble" "I'm surprised i haven't been kicked yet." etc so on. You literally ostracize yourself with ideals and remarks then get upset about it. This is the biggest cry for attention... i have ever seen. the only sad thing is so many people are reacting to it. You were helped so much. Given so much. Yet it wasn't enough. Your cousin has to have your back. I get it. Just sucks that he has no actual idea of what was going on at all. He's simply getting your version of the events. In regards to the Mizu and TH gloves... I was in the discord chat when Mizu LITERALLY SAID along the lines of... "No problem man. I enjoy helping people. Glad to see them drop. I know there will be plenty more Tav runs and i'll get mine soon." That's the understanding of a true member who knows shit comes to those who put the work in. Not i want all the things immediately as soon as i can wear them. You're just salty you were finally kicked. Something that should have happened way sooner and you know it. As stated above... you wanted to be at the center of the drama in the ls... and now you wanna be at the center of it outside too. Sucks yo. As a member, i can assure everyone else... no one is forced to do anything they don't want to. No one is screwed out of any gear. I've seen more gear be given out to people in such a short time in this linkshell than any other egls i've ever been in for more than 10+ years of experience now. The leaders are always willing to help those who are willing to put in some effort and show their worth. Which is more than i can say for most of egls as well. You get what you put in. If you're throwing shit in constantly... that's what you get back out. If you put the work in and try... you excel. Fairly simple concept. That's why in the last few weeks you've probably lotted 100 pieces of dynamis gear to sit in your stash. Do some reflecting man. Maybe it's time to mature a little. The world isn't against, unless you convince yourself it is.

gg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 pm 

I feel like I could spend a lifetime providing education on linkshell/guild management theory for half the EGLS on Nasomi, since that shit is apparently in-era too. Wish people had learned something in the past decade and a half.

A scheduled all day event is not allowing people to come out on their own time - it's giving them a very specific window to get something done. It's bad for a plethora of reasons:

1) Your linkshell already obviously has falsehoods around whether or not event attendance is required. You have people claiming it isn't, yet people have been kicked (maybe, since y'all can't seem to get the story straight there) for not attending things.
2) 14 hour events are a one way ticket to being burned out.
3) It creates immense pressure on people that need the cape to be there on that sunday, because people are going to be significantly less likely to want to do that same content any time soon after it due to just having spent 14 fucking hours on it.

So you've got a situation where the linkshell line on attendance appears to be selectively enforced, which results in pressure on members to attend things, with insanely long running events, that again put pressure on members to be there or be left out.

Also, stupid shit like having a trial pearl. Yes, let's isolate new members to a separate shell where they won't get the same exposure to the rest of the LS they're attempting to join. That's bad for both the linkshell and the new member - both of you get less understanding on whether or not they're a fit for each other. What benefit is there? Protecting ToDs? They're not posted in LS chat. Strats? For content that has had publicly available strats for a decade and a half now? Protecting your reputation? Obviously not something you care about, since y'all will show up at KV and sit there spamming stun on it in the hopes that HiB will lose claim somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 pm 

Randog44 wrote:
This is some of the saddest shit i've seen in a while. I don't usually get into this type of shit, but whatever. From the time you joined the ls Cynica, YOU have made comments along the lines of... "My mouth is gonna get me in trouble" "I'm surprised i haven't been kicked yet." etc so on. You literally ostracize yourself with ideals and remarks then get upset about it. This is the biggest cry for attention... i have ever seen. the only sad thing is so many people are reacting to it. You were helped so much. Given so much. Yet it wasn't enough. Your cousin has to have your back. I get it. Just sucks that he has no actual idea of what was going on at all. He's simply getting your version of the events. In regards to the Mizu and TH gloves... I was in the discord chat when Mizu LITERALLY SAID along the lines of... "No problem man. I enjoy helping people. Glad to see them drop. I know there will be plenty more Tav runs and i'll get mine soon." That's the understanding of a true member who knows shit comes to those who put the work in. Not i want all the things immediately as soon as i can wear them. You're just salty you were finally kicked. Something that should have happened way sooner and you know it. As stated above... you wanted to be at the center of the drama in the ls... and now you wanna be at the center of it outside too. Sucks yo. As a member, i can assure everyone else... no one is forced to do anything they don't want to. No one is screwed out of any gear. I've seen more gear be given out to people in such a short time in this linkshell than any other egls i've ever been in for more than 10+ years of experience now. The leaders are always willing to help those who are willing to put in some effort and show their worth. Which is more than i can say for most of egls as well. You get what you put in. If you're throwing shit in constantly... that's what you get back out. If you put the work in and try... you excel. Fairly simple concept. That's why in the last few weeks you've probably lotted 100 pieces of dynamis gear to sit in your stash. Do some reflecting man. Maybe it's time to mature a little. The world isn't against, unless you convince yourself it is.

gg

Linkshell leadership should never be putting members in that position because it is an unequal balance of power.

We have a situation here where someone won a lot, fair and square, and then linkshell leadership lots with an alt, gets the winning lot, and then spends multiple minutes trying to badger their member into giving them the item.

That's not defensible and it's scummy as fuck. It'd be a shitty thing to do from one member to another, but as the leadership of the linkshell, where you have power over the members? It's impossible for your position to not come into play. You laude Mizu for ultimately passing, yet why is it on him to do so?

How a LS can have aspirations of being on top when they can't get through Dynamis without scumming their own members out of gear is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
2) 14 hour events are a one way ticket to being burned out.
3) It creates immense pressure on people that need the cape to be there on that Sunday, because people are going to be significantly less likely to want to do that same content any time soon after it due to just having spent 14 fucking hours on it.

That's the thing tho. I agree that a scheduled 14 hour event is a ridiculous amount of time for anything. However, that wasn't the case. It was an early morning scheduled event with people willingly decided to stay out there as long as people wanted in order to try and get capes. I think we only missed out on 2 that people needed. I think there is a false idea that our event are scheduled for 14+ hours when that is not the case. Some people just like to grind it out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 pm 

I mean there was the dyna run where a leader looted on the bard relic boots just so I wouldn’t win then because in there minds the brd relic boots are useless, and I’m not going to say they are the greatest. There is a point where in a completeist and I wanted the boots so I could have a full set of bard relic in the end, but someone on leadership had told me they were useless and no reason I should be lotting on then so they ended up winning the lot and most likely dropped them after. Since they founld then to be useless.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next