Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:29 am 

Hi. I'm totally new to FFXI at all and also to a MMORPG (never played in retail). I'm a level 17 WAR (first job) and if there's any fellow new adventurers like me who are trying to make their ways through places like Valkurm Dunes and reach the level 20 milestone to begin with or to level up faster in general, they're welcome, because I've been doing solo all this time so far and I think it's about time :D. They don't need to be rock solid party members, at least for now. I guess we'll see that on the road. Ultimately just trying to have fun on the leveling up process and in general so they don't have to be a specific level either. I'm still becoming familiar with the linkshell system. For that matter I created yellow linkshell named "Eleventhsense" and a Discord server called "dariosot" (I'm new to that as well), but you can also pm me here or in the game if you see me. I generally play around midnight, though it may vary. Also if there's any Spanish speakers they're welcome too. I'm from Uruguay. See ya!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:16 pm 

Hello and welcome! I'm not playing much these days, but you can find some really useful info for newbies in the link in my signature here. You may find it challenging to find new people for your linkshell, so it's probably best to try to join an established one.

Find the most populated town area near you - either in Windurst, Bastok, or Sandoria - and discreetly type /sh Hey I'm new and could use a hand. Any newbie LSs I could join?

Do that once every so often until you get a bite, in between running around and chatting with NPCs and doing quests. Once you're in a LS, they'll be able to help you out even more with support, tips, and hopefully party invites. This game's all about the partying, and only a couple jobs can really solo effectively long-term, and typically only in very specific ways.

There's a lot to digest, and the learning curve is steep, so try not to get discouraged if it seems like a lot. Type /sea all lolbst and if you find me online send me a /tell. I'll head over to you and help out if I'm available.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:31 am 

Much appreciated! I got invited to party in the dunes on weekend and was fun! I'll send you a tell If I see you. It's surely a lot to digest like you said but I'm sure every accomplishment is worth the time. I'll keep what you posted in mind. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 pm 

if you need assistance with anything and see me online feel free to send me a tell

My in game name is Brianronso

I've only been on the server about a year but I've helped a bunch of people already, I'm on most days, play times just vary depending on when I'm awake.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:17 am 

What is your ingame name? D:I am new too, and i speak spanish haha

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm 

shahua wrote:
if you need assistance with anything and see me online feel free to send me a tell

I've only been on the server about a year but I've helped a bunch of people already, I'm on most days, play times just vary depending on when I'm awake.

When we going to exp again Brian? I need my Samurai skillchain partner for those Dunes parties.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 pm 

mizark21 wrote:
shahua wrote:

When we going to exp again Brian? I need my Samurai skillchain partner for those Dunes parties.

I thought dunes was dead so I switched jobs temporarily to solo with my alt, had a rough few days with parties only lasting one or two fights before force D/Cs I'm down to party whenever though. Didn't think anyone noticed I was skill chaining lol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 pm 

Yea. I was in that party when it didn’t last long. Yea. The best skillchain partners are the ones that you don’t have to say anything. You already know the weapon skill , the order, and when to use or save tp for the next mob.