Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: If you love Bastok
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm 

Think more of this post as a description of a home community rather than an open, blanket recruitment..

We are a close knit group of players whose main character will always be a Bastok Citizen.

Obviously, this is not for everyone.

However, if you have that "voice" in your head which wants to cry out "BASTOK FOREVER!" like Roger Rabbit screaming "TWO BITS!" Then this might be the linkshell group for you. At the least, while not all are quite as passionate as that, we are always eager to help each other as much as we may.

No matter if you are a player in your first day and in your first minute in Nasomi starting with nothing or if you are a leader of a "end game LS" already. We are happy to have you to so that we may enjoy struggling and helping together.

This LS was born in Nasomi November 27th, 2015 and sprang from the concept which the current shell owner experienced from retail play ranging from 2004 thru '09 in Gilgamesh server..
...echewing LS membership but playing in-game as a "loner" ~ only using the "Friend List" that the POL server included, and enjoying such things as what mmos have to offer over the experience of a solo played PC game.

Later, upon the threshold of the game as would be experienced in level 75 areas, a LS was formed with only "die hard" Bastokers. It included a small number of of about thirty - both novice and expert players (in the time when the player base numbered into the thousands in any given day!). But it was not long lived - not by me - employment and other considerations overcame my ability to play.

The initial LS, here in Nasomi, was (and is!) named "BastokRepublic." On the day that shells were reconfigured, a replacement was made called "BastokRenown."
(remember, this is the Internet and spelling is somewhat optional ;D ).

At this time, we're not altogether certain just how many we have..
on the day of the changes to linkshells we were surprised to discover we were the largest! (on the day that the server-wide LS ended). We were not trying to be the biggest, but upon reflection, it is because we were so enthusiastic about getting first-day Bastokers in with us to have someone to help that we would add as many as seemed pleased to join us.. 1 to 3 players per day can add up in time!

Other cities are still more popular, or perhaps more visually pleasing - but we like hard work, our dusty roads, and we have Cid!

Not many were called, and much fewer have chosen to remain. And that is well understood - almost no one wants to wait for their "End Game" to begin. In time, for those who wish to remain, we'll pursue our game of such things too as well as and including crafting, fishing, or anything fun as we like to do from lv 1 to 75 and beyond.

Post subject: Re: If you love Bastok
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:45 pm 

Was it a year ago, now, or was it just after 2017, I forget..

Anyhow, the day that Nas limited the shell size to 250 members, max, then I immediately created "Bastok Renown," to roll our active members into an open shell in order for newer folks to communicate. I still carry the original, "Bastok Republic" so any olde timers can still have that if they still got the pearl - we had the most members that anyone will ever have haha - 650+
Honestly, we were'nt trying to make a record, but enthusiasm for Bastok was and is - I hope! - very high :D

In any event, whether the present shell will require a remake, or whatever - if you use FB, here we are..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1508607445858775/

Speaking for myself, it was a tremendous let down in olde retail days.. I would deploy for some months, then return and folks who I befriended were gone, or gone into other shells, or something like that. Totally understandable - of course you ough not to await months or to engage in your end game..
So, there's where you can figure the further meaning when I say, "Bastok Forever!" That means longevity. Ideally, you may take up where you left off if you were on hiatus with like minded folk who love to help.. And of course! make Bastok #1 and compete in anything for Bastok!

Everyone /shout ~ /hurray Bastok !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:22 am 

is this ls still active?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:33 pm 

I was inactive, myself, since about a year until now.

We just remade the shell, and it is titled, "BastokForever."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:36 am 

U doing late night endgame acha?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:01 am 

Pretty much any time, check with N.. in the shell, and a few other folks.. will be glad to roll out the red carpet for ya!
In the mean time, my PC crashed, so will be a few days until I may get back online. AM attempting to install on my linux laptop- jut need to teach myself how to add DLLs into Wine

We are getting players from all around the world in order to be a 24-7 group so that each member may play and participate any time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:08 am 

Oh acha's back?
I played bastockreknown for like 2 years, good folks at the core of that. We didn't think u was coming back o.0 good to know lolcheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:34 pm 

yup, i might come and go, but you know that's 'cause I got alot of stamina!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm 

Bastok No.1!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 am 

Yay for Bastok \o/