Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm 

I play on a toaster. I've made adjustments myself but still can't seem to get over 13 FPS at any given time with one window. Just checking in here to see if anyone can give me a breakdown on all performance fixes. I'm not expecting a miracle with a Celeron 2.2 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and 2005 onboard video. I'm honestly trying to reach a point with tweaks to be able to half-ass DualBox. As it is I can dual box enough to move items around but combat is almost impossible beyond 10 minutes or so when everything lags down and I get stuttering/choppy video on both preventing me from using macros.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:14 pm 

graycat225 wrote:
I play on a toaster. I've made adjustments myself but still can't seem to get over 13 FPS at any given time with one window. Just checking in here to see if anyone can give me a breakdown on all performance fixes. I'm not expecting a miracle with a Celeron 2.2 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and 2005 onboard video. I'm honestly trying to reach a point with tweaks to be able to half-ass DualBox. As it is I can dual box enough to move items around but combat is almost impossible beyond 10 minutes or so when everything lags down and I get stuttering/choppy video on both preventing me from using macros.

What are your configurations?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:53 am 

2 boxing a 1-core celeron with onboard video that's taking a chunk out of ur 2g ram is going to be tricky, I think 12 fps is doing pretty good. Some sacrifices have to be made, try taling ur 2nd client and building a 2nd ashita config for it, make it windowed at 1/2 the resolution if full screen, increase the menu res a bit so ur menu isn't all u see, then under the ffxiconfig erm... Nasomiconfig, disable mipmaps, smoothing, compressesions, and turn max sound effects to 0, your goal is going to be dumping as much ram as possible here, find the virtual ram in ur OS and set it to about 4gb or so if you have plenty of hdd space and a decent bus speed + hdd rpm to xfer if ssd. Other than that shred everything that's background. Do all ur update checking manually for things, you're going to need ever bit of ram you can free up, and even if u barebone teh fk out of ur os I wouldn't expect to see 30fps on 2 clients, single core will still get bogged on ur frontside, I'd imagine you may can nerf it down to see 20-30fps on whichever has focus priority, and 10-20fps on whichever is in background, you'll also be hugely prone to lockups switching between the 2, especially if you have to ride virtual ram to keep enough allocation for 2 clients. You may also want to set ur rig on top of an air conditioner vent to get some cooling going, cooling in older rigs is pretty important. Hope something in this helps ya, good luck ^^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:06 pm 

while the specs arn't great more than enough to play ffxi at decent speeds onboard is prolly where your really losing it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:06 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
turn max sound effects to 0, your goal is going to be dumping as much ram as possible here

Thanks a lot! This is the only thing I haven't tried already. I normally play without sound anyway. Didn't consider disabling it entirely.

Thanks! Every little bit helps with this antique x'D