Lobby: Up
Online: 27
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm 

https://www.amazon.de/Mini-PC-lautlose- ... B01GTM1P1U

As far as I remember it has a ATOM CPU, 2GB RAM & 32GB eMMC-SSD !
With 119x119x27 mm it is small enough for mounting it on the backside of my new Smart TV.
If 32GB is not enough, I could use a SDXC with up to 128GB for installing nasomi on drive D.
The Atom should be a Quad-Core Intel CherryTrail X5-Z8300, 4× 1440 MHz

As this is the OLDEST CSL narrow box I have, it came with 32bit UEFI-BIOS,
so it is nearly impossible to use this mini-pc with any other OS
instead of the 32bit Windows 10 Home version which was preinstalled.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:21 pm 

4g ram on integrated graphics, the rest should be fine, but I wouldn't shoot for much 2 boxing or 60fps on it. Drawdistance may even pop something in a bad way, but at native settings and 1080i should be a fine 1box soltion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
4g ram on integrated graphics, the rest should be fine, but I wouldn't shoot for much 2 boxing or 60fps on it. Drawdistance may even pop something in a bad way, but at native settings and 1080i should be a fine 1box soltion.
As far as I remember the INTEGRATED GRAPHICS only has 512 MB of the 2GB RAM total :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 pm 

Yeh to get 60fps reliably on a 2 box setup needs at least 1g and dedication, like a gtx 650ti or better, anything less than that can't really pull 2x 1080i's at 60fps, on a 1 box there's a bottleneck with integrated video where the older engine can't prioritize very well when pulling from the same bus, causes little things like footsteps and weather to really tank ur fps when trying to push 60fps, then that's compounded when 2 clients are trying to share from the same bus, the older engine just doesn't know when to send it to which client. Each client will eat up a little over 1g of ram on 30fps and around 2g on 60fps then drawdistance can multiply that exponentially, here's a good resource to start min/maxing ur settings for the client version we use.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Yeh to get 60fps reliably on a 2 box setup needs at least 1g and dedication, like a gtx 650ti or better, anything less than that can't really pull 2x 1080i's at 60fps, on a 1 box there's a bottleneck with integrated video where the older engine can't prioritize very well when pulling from the same bus, causes little things like footsteps and weather to really tank ur fps when trying to push 60fps, then that's compounded when 2 clients are trying to share from the same bus, the older engine just doesn't know when to send it to which client. Each client will eat up a little over 1g of ram on 30fps and around 2g on 60fps then drawdistance can multiply that exponentially, here's a good resource to start min/maxing ur settings for the client version we use.

What do you mean with 2 BOX SETUP ?
Why should I run more than 1 client ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:09 pm 

MEX wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

Some people play two characters at once.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:08 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
MEX wrote:
What are the advantages of playing 2 characters at once ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 am 

MEX wrote:
Concepcion wrote:
MEX wrote:
What are the advantages of playing 2 characters at once ?

You can PL yourself and your party, you can accomplish things by yourself that are not possible to do solo (access to more content without needing a group), can farm or fish or mine on one character while doing something else on the other.

In my opinion, the downsides are that it kills some of the immersion into your character, and can be more stressful and feel less like a game having to alt+tab back-and-forth constantly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 am 

PL ? … Dont know what you mean with this abbreviation !

Surley the CSL narrow box is too weak for 2 boxing … and 2 boxing sounds like cheating anyway ;-P