Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:41 am 

Image Image Image

I'm having an issue with Sandy NPCs wearing Squire Knight Sets and certain Goblins. Where the lighting hits the textures, it goes invisible instead of acting like reflection.

Anyone else had this issue and know the fix? Something to do with C++ libraries or Silverlight?

Post subject: Re: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:28 pm 

Have you installed any texture packs/done any .dat swapping/etc.? Try disabling bump mapping maybe? It looks like a corrupted texture, if I had to take a guess. That, or issues with your GPU drivers, so might be worth a shot updating those. If you happen to play on a dual-GPU laptop or are trying to use ReShade at all, make sure you're using a DirectX Proxy:
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12994 ... -(For-FFXI)

If you haven't made any modifications, a reinstall might be your best bet. Make sure to back up the "USER" folder under "FINAL FANTASY XI" wherever you installed, since that contains all your macros/most of your config settings/etc. After reinstalling, log in once to generate the 'default' stuffs in the USER folder, log out, then copy/paste your old USER folder on top of the new one and you should get everything back.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

Post subject: Re: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 pm 

Gollum wrote:
Have you installed any texture packs/done any .dat swapping/etc.? Try disabling bump mapping maybe? It looks like a corrupted texture, if I had to take a guess. That, or issues with your GPU drivers, so might be worth a shot updating those. If you happen to play on a dual-GPU laptop or are trying to use ReShade at all, make sure you're using a DirectX Proxy:
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12994 ... -(For-FFXI)

If you haven't made any modifications, a reinstall might be your best bet. Make sure to back up the "USER" folder under "FINAL FANTASY XI" wherever you installed, since that contains all your macros/most of your config settings/etc. After reinstalling, log in once to generate the 'default' stuffs in the USER folder, log out, then copy/paste your old USER folder on top of the new one and you should get everything back.

Thanks for the reply
- So the goblin and squire knight helms look normal to everyone else?
- Checked Drivers, Disabled Bump mapping
- I do have some dat swaps but the goblin always looked like that and the original squire helm did this as well
- Currently Reinstalling and going from there

So far its only those two objects that are bugged so I don't think its a system thing. You are prob right on the corrupted .dat file.

!!!! Just a simple repair job fixed the two files, it was corrupted dat files. Thanks dude !!!!