Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 am 

Asked several spots no answer so far, first result on google for "FFXI Nasomi mute sound when minimised" is a forum post about Black Desert Online. All of the answers to peoples common responses out of the way, how does one go about configuring the game to be quiet when minimised/in the background? This was a feature on windower as far back as it existed. I have the game set to windowed mode, and when I alt tab, the zone music/sound effects persist. I'd love to know how to fix this as I'm constantly alt tabbed either looking things up on FFXIclopedia or watching youtube.....just like I did back in 2005....minus having the game sound overlap whatever else I was doing while waiting for party invites.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:03 pm 

Open up the nasomi config (as admin so changes will save) and find the setting. The client is the same as the retail client, the setting is still there.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:18 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Open up the nasomi config (as admin so changes will save) and find the setting. The client is the same as the retail client, the setting is still there.

The box "Always on" was unchecked(As in, that's the setting I had when I encountered the issue). This means the game sound should not "always" be on, IE playing when minimised. I'm asking how to fix this :<

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 am 

Update: Neither setting, box checked or unchecked, mutes the game when it's in the background.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 am 

Strange. It works for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Strange. It works for me.

Constructive. Any other settings/things that I would need to set or check, other things that might be wrong?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 am 

That's the only setting.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:46 am 

Nabutso wrote:
That's the only setting.

Hmmm interesting. You must be running a different launcher than Naslauncher or Ashita than I am. There is nothing different between our settings from what has been revealed here other than yours is working and mine isn't.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am 

Mortechai wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
That's the only setting.

Hmmm interesting. You must be running a different launcher than Naslauncher or Ashita than I am. There is nothing different between our settings from what has been revealed here other than yours is working and mine isn't.

i am running on the latest installer version.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:52 am 

im having the same problem there is constant sound even when tabbed out and the settings dont fix it