Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:23 pm 

Hello. I know most, if not all, of the issues in regards to controllers not setting up are caused by wireless controllers, and this is no exception. But so far, the controllers I am seeing are Xbox 360, PS3/4 and Logitech F/G310s. I tried those fixes, but it seems to be not working with my controller.

So here it is, I recently got a new Ipega PG-9025 Bluetooth Controller, and I connected it in order to play Nasomi with it. But for some reason, the FFXI Config page does not even recognize its existence.

Here's some info of what's happening:
- FFXIPadConfig does not recognize any button presses from the device
- joy.cpl is recognizing the device, otherwise.
- The device works on other games, like Cuphead and my emulators.
- The config page is Run as Administrator; every time the config is opened, the UAC prompt always appears.
- Tried reconnecting and reinstalling the controller to the laptop, no to avail.
- Tried ticking off XInput, no to avail.
- Tried using Default and Alternate E settings, nope.
- Checked the Bluetooth device's info itself, it apparently also connects as a keyboard and mouse simultaneously. Keyboard option can be disabled. Mouse option cannot be.
- Tested a wired USB to ensure the problem is not affecting all controllers. Config detects it.

If someone knows how to fix it, please tell me. Also, ask info if needed, and I'll answer ASAP. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:48 pm 

It's gotta be going through either DirectInput or Xinput to work right... may need a wrapper for it first? Question is, which will it get along with. Could try the X360 wrapper perhaps ( http://x360ce.com/ ). DS4Win probly won't cut it, but could give that a shot too I guess? ( http://ds4windows.com/ ).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4315&hilit=controller+issue#p16843

Has this troubleshooting advice helped you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:26 am 

RAIST5150 wrote:
It's gotta be going through either DirectInput or Xinput to work right... may need a wrapper for it first? Question is, which will it get along with. Could try the X360 wrapper perhaps ( http://x360ce.com/ ). DS4Win probly won't cut it, but could give that a shot too I guess? ( http://ds4windows.com/ ).

Sinclair wrote:
https://na.nasomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4315&hilit=controller+issue#p16843

Has this troubleshooting advice helped you?

Revisited this problem to try and fix it since my USB controller's analog stick got broken. So far I managed to get some progress.

- Attempted to wrap this around using x360ce and it seems to recognize the controller. Immediately found out that upon hooking the device, it recognizes itself as both controller 1 and controller 2, where controller inputs are recognized as Controller 2's. This got immediately solvable via toggling the option "Exclude Supplemental Devices" on the emulator.
- Now a lesser version of the issue appeared: The joystick is now recognized by the config but the game does not even know its existence.
- This fits exactly like the third option to Sinclair's fix here.

Sinclair wrote:
Be certain that you only have one controller you want to use plugged in / synced before you play. I have had issues where having multiple control devices connected at once refuses to allow any of them to work. I've even had to remove and uninstall drivers for other control devices that weren't in use.

Have you considered this already?

This, is where I hit a wall. Apparently, I have no other external device that could jeopardize my controls, and it's the only connected controller. I tried to remove any hidden installed controllers that may scrutinize FFXI detecting it through a drive cleanup tool but no to avail. I tested it with other games and emulators, and they seem to recognize it.

So apparently, here's where I am thinking of the possible things that causes this issue:
1. The FFXI Config notices x360ce, but not the Nasomi exe (which goes through Ashita's boot exe, and may I have to do a configuration on the x360ce emulator somewhere that will make the game notice that I am using the emulator's config).
2. Something built-in on my laptop is scrutinizing the FFXI controller setup (since no other device other than a generic keyboard and mouse, a laptop cooler and an external HDD are the only ones connected at the time of testing. I have tried removing them all, but no to avail).
3. The controller itself is not allowing connection to Nasomi. Without the x360ce wrapper, it counts as two "controllers", one for the gamepad itself and one for its built-in play/skip/fast forward buttons. And for some reason, the playback buttons are the one considered as controller 1 and the gamepad is controller 2. This should be fixed by the wrapper, but not on Nasomi for some reason.
4. Something is being overlooked at the moment, but I don't have ANY idea what it is.

If you guys have an idea for a possible issue, please reply right ahead. Thanks.