Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:15 am 

swordfish wrote:
dahl wrote:
i finally got it running!! dont exactly know how, feels like i did the exact same thing every time but, im not complaining that it finally worked!! thank you so so much for all your help Nabutso!!!! greatly appreciated!

if anyone have mac install issues in the future, dont hesitate to ask me! i think i've had all issues you can have regarding a mac install of this! :D

@dahl after downloading the zip using safari I get an error on the next step....
in terminal I type in cd ~
then cd Downloads/NasomiXI.v.20/

and I get an error or something in terminal saying "bash: no such file or directory" ....
I feel like im so close to getting back into this game!! im very dumb when it comes to computers so any help is greatly appreciated

I got that too, and if I'm not mistaken that's because wine isn't properly installed. The problem is that (I think) wine doesn't emulate your c folders correctly. I tried to bypass this by installing in another location but that didn't work. Reinstall wine, make sure that it installs proper and then make sure that you get the DLL'S in the correct folder :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm 

Your mac's Downloads folder doesn't have anything to do with WINE.

Also, you should never have to even open the NasomiXI.v.20 folder through the terminal, since you can install it perfectly fine just by double clicking it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:47 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Your mac's Downloads folder doesn't have anything to do with WINE.

Also, you should never have to even open the NasomiXI.v.20 folder through the terminal, since you can install it perfectly fine just by double clicking it...

after hours of playing with the coding in terminal i realized that the guide states to type NasomiXI.v.20/ when in actuality the file name is XI.V20 without the extra period. that worked. i was able to login and start playing last night. im level 9 WAR in sandy. thanks to everyone for the troubleshooting....

only issues im trying to work through now is the text is sooooo small i cant read anything. i have no idea how much HP i have or how many items are in a stack in my inventory, or what the chat log says because everything is so tiny....

and the game sometimes crashes when i zone.
any tips for those?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:03 pm 

Reduce Menu Size in your FFXI config to increase the size of the UI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 pm 

Got everything running and im able to play. Should i be concerned about overheating? I have the macbook propped up on some books to allow it to vent out better, but im too scared to play more than a few hours in a sitting because i dont want to fry my new laptop. Any input is appreciated. Love the server. Everyone is sooo helpful

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:07 pm 

swordfish wrote:
Got everything running and im able to play. Should i be concerned about overheating? I have the macbook propped up on some books to allow it to vent out better, but im too scared to play more than a few hours in a sitting because i dont want to fry my new laptop. Any input is appreciated. Love the server. Everyone is sooo helpful

I don't think you have to be super worried! Mine gets loud too when running games or many heavy programs at once. Just try to make sure to give it as good ventilation as possible and try to not run too much at once ( for example Google Chrome with many tabs up + gaming is something that makes it work hard) :)

Edit: the macbook also have a built in auto shutdown if it gets too hot :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 pm 

dahl wrote:
swordfish wrote:

I don't think you have to be super worried! Mine gets loud too when running games or many heavy programs at once. Just try to make sure to give it as good ventilation as possible and try to not run too much at once ( for example Google Chrome with many tabs up + gaming is something that makes it work hard) :)

Edit: the macbook also have a built in auto shutdown if it gets too hot :)

Thanks dahl. That makes me feel better. I appreciate it.