Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm 

@nabutso

i have now moved from a login loop to " Failed to initialize instance of polcore!"
( Closing...004d:fixme:vcruntime:__telemetry_main_return_trigger (0x0) )

i really wanna get this working :)

greatly appreciate all your help!!

EDIT: i tried the following tip here ;

Failed to initialize instance of polcore or ffxi
Cause: DLL registration failed.
Fix: This can happen if you're trying to run both Nasomi and Retail at the same time, but then uninstall Retail. Run the Nasomi installer again to re-register the DLLs.

did not work .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 pm 

i finally got it running!! dont exactly know how, feels like i did the exact same thing every time but, im not complaining that it finally worked!! thank you so so much for all your help Nabutso!!!! greatly appreciated!

if anyone have mac install issues in the future, dont hesitate to ask me! i think i've had all issues you can have regarding a mac install of this! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:29 am 

@dahl

Seems ive had just about every error youve had as well, after finally getting it to boot, im stuck in the login loop. How did you end up fixing this? When i attempt the first login, it say "auto-login activated" but then it prompts me to login again and thats when the loop starts. Any help is appreciated, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:42 am 

@cammymoi

That was solved by doing as the troubleshoot guide here stated; reinstalling the game ( i know, that sucks). i however, had some trouble with wine not installing properly and not giving any signs of not being installed proper.. this caused the installer to not find the virtual C: drive which led me to install manually by locating my drive and folders.
This caused the wine / ashita to not find the DLL's and thus not running the game, so make sure you can install via the default location! :)

if this doesnt help you, contact me again! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 am 

@dahl

I'm curious what version of macOS you are running. I recently updated to mojave and I am getting a strange error and infinte login loop like some other people on the forum. It seems like it may be related to mojave :(

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:21 am 

@Qymo

i'm running Mojave too :) i think my biggest issues have been with properly installing wine ,more than properly installing the Nasomi client..
When i got to the point of infinite login loop, all i did was reinstall Nasomi at the exact same location as last time. If you still get login loop, i have read that you should do a full wipe of nasomi and all wine related files, ,reboot comp to clear the wine caches and reinstall everything. ( i know, that sucks) if you reinstall, make sure wine works properly before you install Nasomi to easier weed out the faults if they appear!

homebrew was a great tool to help install wine and all its components :) this site helped me alot:

https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 pm 

I seem to be stuck in the infinite login loop. I have followed your advice. Multiple fresh installs, reboots, etc. to no avail.

I also followed the aforementioned guide (https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/) and installed Wine via Homebrew. Things seemed to go very smoothly until I attempted to install NasomiXI.exe via the Wine Terminal (The installation was complete almost instantly and it would apparently install only a fraction of the files). I attempted multiple installations - even reinstalling Wine via Homebrew, etc.

The only way I can apparently install the game is by downloading Wine Stable and running the NasomiXI.exe

I downloaded the new Launcher, and replaced the .dll file - still stuck in the infinite login loop.

Any ideas?

-Womper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 am 

Womper wrote:
I seem to be stuck in the infinite login loop. I have followed your advice. Multiple fresh installs, reboots, etc. to no avail.

I also followed the aforementioned guide (https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/) and installed Wine via Homebrew. Things seemed to go very smoothly until I attempted to install NasomiXI.exe via the Wine Terminal (The installation was complete almost instantly and it would apparently install only a fraction of the files). I attempted multiple installations - even reinstalling Wine via Homebrew, etc.

The only way I can apparently install the game is by downloading Wine Stable and running the NasomiXI.exe

I downloaded the new Launcher, and replaced the .dll file - still stuck in the infinite login loop.

Any ideas?

-Womper

Hmm this is a tough one indeed... did you flush/clear the old wine files between the installs? if not, i believe the login loop will continue even tho you reinstalled the game. i also had trouble installing via the homebrew guide and also used the "standard way" mentioned here. If i remember correctly i also had one instance with the game installing almost instantly and what i did then was to re-download the installer from nasomi site, try again, and make sure that the destination folder was correct. @Womper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:27 am 

I notice a lot of trouble with getting Nasomi on MacBook and I'm hesitant to try because it seems extremely complex. does anyone have an updated guide for Mac install / mojave? greatly appreciated. the Naomi community seems so tighknit and I want to get in the action

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 am 

dahl wrote:
i finally got it running!! dont exactly know how, feels like i did the exact same thing every time but, im not complaining that it finally worked!! thank you so so much for all your help Nabutso!!!! greatly appreciated!

if anyone have mac install issues in the future, dont hesitate to ask me! i think i've had all issues you can have regarding a mac install of this! :D

@dahl after downloading the zip using safari I get an error on the next step....
in terminal I type in cd ~
then cd Downloads/NasomiXI.v.20/

and I get an error or something in terminal saying "bash: no such file or directory" ....
I feel like im so close to getting back into this game!! im very dumb when it comes to computers so any help is greatly appreciated