Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Graphic settings
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm 

I am having a strange fps loss, with /fps 1 active I run 60 fps untill I get around a lot of PC's or npc/interactive nodes my UI and character modle fps drops way down, the background environment maintain 60 fps. I tried the DX9 to 8 fix but had no effect. I'm running a newer machine that plays ff14 high settings around 45 50 fps. Ant thoughts on a fix or some setting that is not playing nice with my system?

Post subject: Re: Graphic settings
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm 

Turn shadows off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm 

Mileage may vary but this helped me with my machine, running Windows 10 with an i7 processor. Basically, FFXI doesn't run well on multicore processors and this will force it to run on one core. I have experienced drastic improvement on both retail and nasomi after doing this.

The dos command "start" allows a paramenter /affinity in Windows Vista or higher (NOTE: not for XP). You can simply make a little batch file and start FFXI with it, to have it automaticly assigned to 1 core.

Create a new file and call it "launch.bat" (or whateveryoulike.bat). Edit it with notepad or whatever you like and place in:
start /affinity 2 launcher.exe
(for windower users)
or:
start /affinity 2 pol.exe

(The 2 after "affinity" is the core which it runs on. With this number it runs on the second core!)
If you use Windower, place the file in your windower folder, if you don't use, place it in your Playonline Viewer Directory. Make a Shortcut to your Desktop, add a nice name, and a icon to the Shortcut, and launch FFXI with this shortcut instead of the default pol or windower shortcut.

If you have an older processor, specifically a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading activated (which is a single core processor, but acts as 2 processors within windows), you may want to set core 1, cause core 2 is only a virtual core and slightly slower.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 pm 

Ryamatsu wrote:
Mileage may vary but this helped me with my machine, running Windows 10 with an i7 processor. Basically, FFXI doesn't run well on multicore processors and this will force it to run on one core. I have experienced drastic improvement on both retail and nasomi after doing this.

The dos command "start" allows a paramenter /affinity in Windows Vista or higher (NOTE: not for XP). You can simply make a little batch file and start FFXI with it, to have it automaticly assigned to 1 core.

Create a new file and call it "launch.bat" (or whateveryoulike.bat). Edit it with notepad or whatever you like and place in:
start /affinity 2 launcher.exe
(for windower users)
or:
start /affinity 2 pol.exe

(The 2 after "affinity" is the core which it runs on. With this number it runs on the second core!)
If you use Windower, place the file in your windower folder, if you don't use, place it in your Playonline Viewer Directory. Make a Shortcut to your Desktop, add a nice name, and a icon to the Shortcut, and launch FFXI with this shortcut instead of the default pol or windower shortcut.

If you have an older processor, specifically a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading activated (which is a single core processor, but acts as 2 processors within windows), you may want to set core 1, cause core 2 is only a virtual core and slightly slower.

yep thank you runs solid 59 fps super smooth now. OP is a hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:11 am 

Okay, I have to ask- how do you feel about goats?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:46 pm 

so since we use ashita, it would be start /affinity 2 ashita.exe?

Blessthefall
75WHM 75BRD 75SMN 75BST
Garbage/Trash/Chatoyant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:49 pm 

islandwalk wrote:
so since we use ashita, it would be start /affinity 2 ashita.exe?

Yes, that will work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:07 am 

Where would I put the file when I edit it for Ashita? Just in the Ashita folder?