Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mac Dual Boxing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 pm 

Hello! Does anyone have experience dual boxing with a Mac using a Wine and XQuartz setup? When I attempt to run two Ashita boot.exe's, the second one always crashes with a "Failed to bind to listening socket".

Post subject: Re: Mac Dual Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 am 

For some reason on wine it crashes trying to open two clients at the same time.

The solution i found was to run two wine instances running the same exe. I copied the wine prefix that contains nasomi, deleted the nasomi folder in the new copied prefix and made a symbolic link to the original nasomi folder with all the files. Then I ran the first instance using one prefix, the second instance using the other.

You might want to get a program like Lutris (linux only) to manage multiple prefixes, i think for MacOSX its called PlayOnMac.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 pm 

Yeah, what they said. For those who want custom patches, you can follow my guide here since: http://vaughanhilts.me/blog/2018/10/27/ ... l-box.html

I discovered this as well that it causes crashing if you run two instances in the same `WINESERVER` The tldr; is get two copies and run it this way. I just compiled my own and have a script that logins into either or character, starting the right thing.

I installed NasomiXI twice so each character could have their own custom settings as well but there is no need to do this -- you could use one install folder as well as Badios has noted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:47 pm 

dang... yall are dualboxing on mac ??? I cant even get mine to stop crashing when I zone places... i.e delkfuts tower cutscene -.- >.<

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 am 

swordfish wrote:
dang... yall are dualboxing on mac ??? I cant even get mine to stop crashing when I zone places... i.e delkfuts tower cutscene -.- >.<

Pretty sure this is a new bug. Someone is going to have to bug Nasomi to take a look at it since it's a pretty problem for all the new players coming in. Not sure if it's isolated to macOS or not yet. I can't check since both my chars are past that point... not sure when it was introduced.