Online: 30
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Macro Pallet Stays On
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 pm 

Hello,

so I have a bit of an annoying problem with my macro pallet staying on after I release the button on my controller, I press the trigger the macros come up, I release the trigger the macros stay up, I press and release again and the macro pallet closes, it is rather annoying and I have looked at all the options I know of, I use a ps4 controller,

thanks for your time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:50 pm 

On the config for gamepad config, do you have "enable Xinput" checked? Mine started doing the same thing when I wiped/reinstalled and had to use xinput for old 360 controller. I had to use Xinput to be able to use the triggers as buttons. So if you uncheck the box, that may happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm 

No it is not checked, but I use the default setup tab because its the only one I can use that doesn't mess up the right stick on my controller, (otherwise it stay in the down position after I run the setup on them), but anyways the box is grayed out and un checkable so that may be the problem thanks for the tidbit, ill have to see if I can find an old 360 controller maybe instead of my ps4 controller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm 

The xinput drivers are stupidly hidden by microsoft, they want you to do everything through windows 10's xbox software which.... Doesnt Xinput.... They just give a tutorial on how to code controllers that are both direct input and Xinput at the same time, but the drivers for window 7, 64bit X input worked for me, I'll find the page on ffxiah that had the link I used

:edited:
Try this first, change your config ingame, I think its Misc.2? The keyboard setting change it from compact to full size, almost bet that's your fix :D

If that doesn't work then....

wasn't ffxiah with the driver link, was in fact nasomi forums

viewtopic.php?t=5877

Just make sure to change the drop down to 64 bit, if you have 64bit windows. Then may want to "test gamepad" in config to make sure they're not sticking when u release the trigger, if they still stick, will have to try something else....