Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:33 am 

Hey all,

I've been reading the forums and the guides for direction, but I can't seem to get this to start in Ubuntu 16.04. Whenever I try to open boot.exe, I get a 'program error'. I tried about anything I could think of based off of the instructions and have gotten nowhere. is there something that's jumping out as a possibility for this type of error? I have gone through everything a few times, I don't mind going through it again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:14 am 

What kind of 'program error'? What is your hardware and the version of Wine you are using? For maximum compatibility if you are using linux you should consider using Lutris (it will help you manage multiple wine prefixes and download different versions of wine that work best for each game), and use Wine staging 3.8-i386 with a 32bit prefix for FFXI. You might also have to replace imm32.dll.so located in /wine_root_folder/lib/wine/ with the one downloaded from http://nabutso.com:4438/FFXI/imm32.dll.so

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:29 pm 

I have a guide here as well if you have knowledge of the terminal, it's a bit more verbose than the wiki one and covers dualboxing as well: http://vaughanhilts.me/blog/2018/10/27/ ... l-box.html (I would add it to the wiki but there are problems w/ doing so since I have to host some files)

You can find my e-mail if you dig around as well and happy to help you get setup if you send me one.