Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:20 pm 

Good morning.

W10 Laptop - Game ran previously, then randomly (rather, I believe after a Windows update) the launcher will not work.

I've followed the steps outlined here: http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... hen_opened

I'm certain it's not anti-virus at this point as I've done a full wipe of my PC (this needed to happen anyway). I've re-installed Nasomi v20 via the installer page (though the .exe, within the dialog, says it's v19?). I'm not sure what else. I can do.

Any help is appriceated!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:34 pm 

Can you try using the bootmod.exe and see if this lets you into the game at least?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:55 pm 

Are you using the correct launcher? The one you have to download extra? Not included with the install

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 am 

@Tibby, I'm using the Ashita launcher, it worked previously then just stopped. I use the same on my W7 device with no issue.

@Seliox, I'm able to use the boot application in the Ashita folder -> ffxi-bootmod. It opens the regular console command (skips the Ashita launcher controls where I'm able to select resolution), log in then get to the disclaimer page (FFXI is a MMORPG yadda yadda). However, the resolution is all out of wack (changes to the NasomiXI config don't seem to apply here). Then, the screen closes and no-dice, can't get in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 am 

Yeah, OK so you can connect. You can fix the resolution using the Final Fantasy XI Config Tool. However, if you use the bootmod you can't use addons since it bypasses Ashita. So there is something wrong with the launcher, I guess.

If you can find the logs and attach them, someone might be able to give you more help. Other than that, I am not sure.

Did you do some kind of DNS rebinding or something?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 pm 

Hey Seliox,

So, I can get to character selection using Bootmod now (Was able to turn off system resolution notifications that prompted the crash). The resolution is unaffected by the XI config tool, it's booting in at default dumpy resolution. However, I can't get past character selection (error 3117), which is claimed to be associated with macros? http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... _character

However, I have no folders where it suggests I look, so I have no clue what to do from there.

Still no success with Ashita, it seems to be conflicting with windows defender (I get a message now when I try and run saying it's blocked) but tell it to "run anyway" and then get the same result (launcher doesn't open at all).

Could you point me to where the log files would be located?

Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:53 am 

Hello everyone.
I have a problem connecting to Nasomi too. My Nasomi account is good, the launcher says it but after the message "Successfull loggin to Yannus account" and the message "Hairpin fix applied" I have the message "Closing".
I tried any possible solutions proposed on WikiNasomi, nothing helps, I can not move to Final Fantasy XI. I stay on the screen of Nasomi launcher.
Can you help me please !?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:33 pm 

Yannus, are you using the new loader?

https://na.nasomi.com/software/Ashita.zip