Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:26 pm 

Envy wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
It is odd that he didn't bother with any rings but tried so hard with bis feet, legs, ears, 2nd bis for neck and for a fresh player thats perfectly respectable. Took the time to get his belt, slacked a little on the body and head but meh. Doesn't belong on the gimp thread.

So what exactly is the rules for putting someone in the gimp thread, I mean we’re all just doing it to for good laughs no? I don’t think it’s to shame someone. I mean yeah I know he’s a new person but a lv 10 legionnaire harness and legionnaire cap? Surely there’s cheap better gear. Someone needs to put my character on here because I’m super gimp lol

I think it's funnier when it's people that aren't new players, personally.

It's not news to me that people brand new to the game have shitty gear. But seeing people show up to a merit party with a level 1 ring is ???

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 pm 

It's kinda clear when the post is meant to be "funny" Vs. "shaming". If you're including the persons name, you're shaming them. Hell the thread is "Gimp Player".

These threads are inherently toxic. It's one thing to joke around with long-time players or merit parties, it's another to dump on new players.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm 

Can ya'll just post pics of gear, stfu, or go make your own thread?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Rabid wrote:
It's kinda clear when the post is meant to be "funny" Vs. "shaming". If you're including the persons name, you're shaming them. Hell the thread is "Gimp Player".

These threads are inherently toxic. It's one thing to joke around with long-time players or merit parties, it's another to dump on new players.

Nobody asked you to participate. If someone feels they see a gimp player, they are free to post them here. I may be a little more empathetic to the new player but gimp is gimp(eg: no rings=gimp, end of).

Edit: Back on topic, from a Mount Z PT a while back.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:36 pm 

boo-hoo, my merit party which blows through birds faster than they can spawn has a guy with a bad item...

boo-hoo, my power leveled XP party has a guy missing a ring...

boo-hoo, we can't have a thread where we can peacefully shit on people.

Keep up maintaining/propagating all the "nice things".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:53 pm 

Rabid wrote:
boo-hoo, my merit party which blows through birds faster than they can spawn has a guy with a bad item...

boo-hoo forum threads that I am not obligated to read make me sad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm 

TBH these threads are fun when they're anonymous.

Sad though? More like... Disappointed Aeroo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 am 

I guess I shoulda blacked out his name, Whyamisobad? Honestly you guys should flame me. Flame away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:37 am 

Rabid wrote:

I mean it's not like it isn't super apparently what this thread is from the title, or that it's some novel invention specific only to nas elitists... it's a pretty era genre of thread.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/53480 ... -thread-II

Really this thread isn't even that bad, seems like people were pretty quick to push back against borderline examples. No rings is kinda dumb, but I don't care about rabbit vs ram mantle on my MNKs, I wouldn't expect a fresh 36 MNK to have / camp okotes yet, and he's clearly a dirty Bastok galka hence the level 10 CP gear and no Merc Capt gear. Really not the most outrageous example besides the ring thing which is weird, but once he changes race to mithra and switches to Windurst he'll be fine, considering the rest of his gear shows that he has a decent enough grasp of how to gear.

The SAM isn't just "a guy with a bad item," that's either a troll or someone you should instantly kick and tell to farm more. There's not having amazing gear, which honestly who cares, and then there's not respecting the other people you play with. A lot of that boils down to A) being lazy and B) not knowing how to gear. SAM could sell his emp pin (assuming not r/ex) and basically have the gil to buy x2 snipers, x2 spike earrings, and a wyvern helm. Even if he pulled a Dakumauler and fulltimed free Assault Jerkin with the help of one or two lsmates his gear would at that point instantly look less like someone being dragged by their ls to kill Soboro NM in Riverne and more like someone in a merit pt.

The Zhayolm drg isn't that bad... just seems less inclined to farm than exp (common affliction of newer people), or is deathly allergic to whitebox (spike earring is 14k, spike necklace is 5k... splurge a little, treat yourself people). Also meleeing in str rings... :( :( :( NQ sniper's are only cheap! At 65 this guy could fund HQ neck, earrings, and x2 sniper's in a matter of days, if not one. 28k x2earrings, 5k neck, 90k~ x2 sniper's. Nothing crazy, but respectable enough & less than 150k.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:41 am 

55 should be break time for any newer player to get enough gil to not make future pts suffer (excluding items pricey to new chars e.g. haubergeon/scorpion harness/vassago scythe/peacock charm.). Standardization should be sinking in around that time, and asking questions should have started the process of learning the gil game by then. There's a fair bit of options to get a boost in gil to be at least near standard by then. Anything pre-55 I personally view as fair game.
I admit I get a little curious at 56+. Generally if someone hasn't taken the time to modify their play by then, well.... I can't feel bad when they get kicked from an exp party. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:44 pm 

GrendelsPRGuy wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:
55 should be break time for any newer player to get enough gil to not make future pts suffer (excluding items pricey to new chars e.g. haubergeon/scorpion harness/vassago scythe/peacock charm.). Standardization should be sinking in around that time, and asking questions should have started the process of learning the gil game by then. There's a fair bit of options to get a boost in gil to be at least near standard by then. Anything pre-55 I personally view as fair game.
I admit I get a little curious at 56+. Generally if someone hasn't taken the time to modify their play by then, well.... I can't feel bad when they get kicked from an exp party. *shrugs*

Carrot... have you been watching me? This is exactly what I do, 1-55 gear is whatever when I'm getting 3-6 levels a day. 55+ it's time to really gear up and start macro'in some gear swaps to really get the most out of what I'm doing. Watching people TP in what is clearly a WS set 55+ makes me more sad than having a few pieces of gear that are B or even C Tier.

For 100k, you can pick up a Jaridah Peti, which will cover you to low-mid 60s enough as long as you sync down to lesser birds PTs.

So for 250k, 30 stacks of black tiger fangs! You could put together a passable set to get you in the 60s. Usually 60 is a fair level to break to gear before you make a final push, since 60 for most jobs gives some milestone improvement (JA/WS/SJ options/etc).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next