Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:38 am 

You've really gotta be special to make people defend checkmate.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am 

oh no someone wiped on one of the hardest encounters in the game

this is the kind of person who needs ostracized, not so much the guy camping spider torques

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:23 am 

Video actually starts at 3:06, you're welcome.
Also, why are the RDM/DRKs dual boxing a job that requires so much APM? Especially in Checkmate.

I will say this to their defense (gag) this could happen to any group. Did they make a lot of mistakes? Yes. Has every LS wiped DL? Also yes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 am 

What is the best way to get a hold of Nasomi over a stolen account? What are my options?

I am very upset and feeling betrayed after a very evil person who I regrettably trusted and considered a friend stole my account today (Dec 28/2019). I had my password changed and am now told its his character. I'm exploring my options through the community for advice on the situation.

I understand I may be up for being banned for sharing my password/accounts but honestly, I'll take that over letting that this jackass steal it and get away with it. Best case scenario I get my account back to the original owner.

The Story:

I played on Nasomi in 2015-2016 and had a 2 character D-Box.

"Indigosouljer" An Elvaan 70 THF, 68 RNG, 37 WAR, 37 Nin,
"Indigosoldier" A Tarutaru 75 BLM, 45 WHM, 40 SMN,

In 2016 I took a break from the game and at that time allowed my RL friend Killerkyo to use my Tarutaru account. I said it would be useful for PLing, Teleports and Warps. It also was handy for Killerkyo because he didnt have a Dbox of his own and my Taru Complimented his Elv nicely.

I thought about coming back several times because I missed the game. In 2017 and 2018 He told me Nas is a ban Nazi and will immediately ban the account if I log in. He talked me into starting over.. and I did, I got to 22 WHM 10 RDM before feeling exhausted and upset I had to start over another char when I had a perfectly good 75 I leveled already. I tried this twice before getting discouraged and uninstalling.

Now:

What happened:

I recently told Kyo that I was coming back to play full time and that I was going to play my Taru. He told me NO! Absolutely not, Nasomi will ban both of us for sharing accounts. I told him I didn't care, it was never his account, I even gave the guy options from giving me Gil, leveling me a 75 BLM, or coming up with a new solution, all he did was rage and verbally abuse me.

Killerkyo is a thief, he stole my account:

Today I was playing and logged in and was using my Taru to PL my lvl 10 Samurai. As Im in the dunes building my party I got kicked off of the Taru. Only to find out he Linked my account to his KillerKyo and changed the password on me. This crook stole my character, and on top of this he owes me money in real life and threatens to not pay me if I take this to nasomi.. wtf... I cant believe this guy was a friend. I have all the proof this is my account, allabies from people who know me and seen me Dbox/level as Indigosouljer and Indigosoldier and the origonal owner of the account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not 100% sure if the rules were as strict back in 2015/2016 as a lot of people were doing it back then (maybe that's why the forum accounts were created).

What happens from here? If I pursue getting my account back do you guys think I have a case? Would this lead to all 3 accounts being banned for sharing? I didnt know sharing was bannable honestly or i never would of shared my password back then. I thought it was more use at your own risk.. which is clearly what has happened here. I risked sharing with a 28 year RL friend... Who would ever trust that?

At this point I would love my character back... but if i can't get it back I dont want him to have it either. People who steal accounts should not be rewarded for thefty behavior.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:56 am 

The account sharing rule is not really enforced but is there so Nasomi doesn't have to deal with situations like this (and other shit), and it's likely he won't. I doubt he even tracked logged IPs back then, or has records from 3 years ago if he did, so you will have trouble proving this wasn't his all along.

You could try submitting a ticket at the support link if that works for you (never worked for me) or contact Nasomi on IRC but I doubt it will lead anywhere.

Don't share accounts guys.