Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NM overcamping
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:45 am 

Umm if this is a game in fairness and all about a community how is it that the same linkshells and people are constanly allowed to over camp NMs and bully other players out of their chance for items? dumb that its not like square enix did it and the items aren't rare/ex. almost like its promoted. NMs should be for the equipment, not for the same people to sell over and over and over again. Really infuriating to the point of uninstall almost. Its unfair and almost monopolized and its about time for something to be done about it

Post subject: Re: NM overcamping
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 am 

Everything is fair game here. Some people wanna make gil. You gonna deny them the opportunity?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 am 

Kinlochgaming wrote:
its about time for something to be done about it

Here's a list of what needs to be done imho:

1. Git gud.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm 

Well, I mean I am just a noob on this server and understand the whole competition and money making involved in a game like FFXI. But it really takes the fun out of it when you are a newbie trying to get by, maybe make some money too or decently gear up so you wont show up on the gimp thread :p lol and you see most lowbie NMs being camped by several 75s fully geared or even merited. Life is not fun when you have to farm/grind on end on beehive chips or fire crystals to buy a piece you could get in a few hours of "fair competition" but nope. Just my newbie opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm 

Kinlochgaming wrote:
Umm if this is a game in fairness and all about a community how is it that the same linkshells and people are constanly allowed to over camp NMs and bully other players out of their chance for items? dumb that its not like square enix did it and the items aren't rare/ex. almost like its promoted. NMs should be for the equipment, not for the same people to sell over and over and over again. Really infuriating to the point of uninstall almost. Its unfair and almost monopolized and its about time for something to be done about it

How are they bullying you? Which NMs are you camping? Everyone has the same chance to claim.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:06 am 

Bruh, what items are you looking for? I'll run some BCNMs with ya.

pm here or in game

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 am 

Sumar wrote:
Well, I mean I am just a noob on this server and understand the whole competition and money making involved in a game like FFXI. But it really takes the fun out of it when you are a newbie trying to get by, maybe make some money too or decently gear up so you wont show up on the gimp thread :p lol and you see most lowbie NMs being camped by several 75s fully geared or even merited. Life is not fun when you have to farm/grind on end on beehive chips or fire crystals to buy a piece you could get in a few hours of "fair competition" but nope. Just my newbie opinion.

Dude, buy some 12gil distilled water, and make that beeswax! You got the chips and crystals, it will level your alchemy, and the wax sells for much more than just the chips, crystals, and water. You can also make a killing in Dangruf Wadi and solo to 15 off gobs and make a good amount of gil that way. Ive ran across some low level stuff that ppl are putting on the AH that NPC for more. You could make more gil than you think.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:33 am 

True, I mean personally I have taken up fishing and cooking~which is real handy to have both for gil making, since I personally don't like droning down mobs endlessly unless its for exp. I mean not everyone likes doing the same thing on making gil or do it the same way. What I'm trying to get at, is imo a bit silly seeing, again, several 75s running for a LL or VE when there are obviously better and quicker ways to make money @75 (funny when they get outclaimed lolol by a noobie). Its more or less like a lvl 100 cooking competing with a lvl 30s cooking noobie selling meat mithkabobs. Whats the point? Of course, open game, competition and whatnot, but meh, there's really no point to this, since everyone will keep as is unless Nasomi decides to do the unholy and swaps some NMs rare drops to BCNM rare/ex drops.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 pm 

Some of them may actually be trying to get those items for other jobs they are leveling. I don't have either of those items so if I wanted to camp them to get them for other jobs I want to level, I would bring one of my level 75 jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:49 pm 

>>> I understand the frustration of over-camped areas and you sometimes feel out-cast from the majority when being new to the game or sometimes things don't go your way but remember the feeling of accomplishment when you actually win at something that takes so much of your time and effort.

:!: Now, as I used to play on here but took a year or two off to check out other games(ie. Minecraft, FF14), I see a pattern of "ENTITLED Players" and companies, networks/ groups encouraging this sort of behavior/ attitude that if they donate, contribute or pay for something- that they're better than than everyone else and things can or should be changed to suit their needs...

:roll: NVM, maybe this doesn't apply and forgive me if it seems I'm starting my own rant but I'm not, just comparing games and cultures and what-not. There needs to be some sort of freedom and a lack of restriction (with exception for misbehavior and player abuse). Be very grateful that you get to play for free, relive the pre-abyss days and have old-school items you can share/ sell with friends.

:idea: It's not Minecraft where you can demand your items back if you lost them or fight with the admins but also it's not like (a server i'll refrain from mentioning), just because it gained popularity on youtube for it's toxicity

:mrgreen: Nasomi it FFXI online where it got good.... and also before it went bad!

have fun!

take care of each other!

CYA in game!

Look forward to it! ;)

Psxpert from Fairy/Sylph server 2004~ 2012