Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's your job?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:13 pm 

We get people here from all stages of life, and many different careers. Just curious what other people do for a living? Also if your job is really odd, location might be relevant. Like emu sheppard from new Zealand. I met one of those once.

I'm a graphic designer for a pharma company. Basically the flyers you might see in a pharmacy, hospital, doctors office, they have to be laid out properly with the proper emphasis on the new products, what sales are going when, hide the expiration date in the smallest point type. Mostly you wouldn't see my work unless you were a pharmacist, doctor, maybe nurse, etc.

The hardest part about my job is every department wants their thing to be the biggest. MAKE IT ALL BIG! Except it has to fit on a single piece of paper that sales reps take out to their customers. So when I send the sample out to the department heads for proofing, it's all "make mine a bit bigger".

Post subject: Re: What's your job?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 pm 

I'm a surrealist photographer. I recently went full-time self-employed, so I have way too much time to play this game.

Basically, I go out into the woods and make art. People buy it or commission me to do so for their product/brand (often clothing), but I'm often given creative control to take the project in any direction I see fit. Other than that, A lot of my job is experimentation and making work for myself which helps with promotion on social and getting the eyes of potential clients.

I don't have much of a schedule and work almost completely alone, so big projects can be rough sometimes (Stay up till 9 .a.m making edits with a client in Germany? Sure!) and let's not forget managing client expectations. A fun career, nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm 

National Account Program Manager for a Fortune 200 company. I work for the biggest waste provider in North America and my responsibility is to manage the waste of chains like Costco, Domino's, Cracker Barrel and many many more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm 

Aperture that's awesome. If you get a chance I'd love to see some shots you've taken. I've seen what those cameras and lenses cost, it's painful to even think about that.

Decimus waste as in trash or waste as in human? I see a lot of both at costco, domino's, etc...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:30 pm 

Waste in trash. I handle all the Organics, Recycling and Trash needs for the store fronts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 pm 

IT System Administrator for a pension group, or "computer guy" for the layman.

Love the environment here as it's a very small office and everyone is pretty friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:33 pm 

Water Treatment Plant Operator and Distribution Operations Sup - North East Coast - I operate a water treatment plant which distributes water to 12k customers for one of the two largest water companies in the U.S. :: Diesel mechanic hobbyist and part time heavy equipment operator ::

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm 

Network Engineer here. Though it means everything from installing/configuring servers, firewalls, switches, to someone's printer not doing color.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:48 am 

I'm an American English Teacher in Japan. Which means recently all of my nasomi pages have inexplicably turned into Japanese.
I'm wanting to grow the Japanese portion of the server though, if anyone has any ideas or anythin'!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 am 

Instructional Assistant for SPED students at an elementary school.

Zane wrote:
I'm an American English Teacher in Japan. Which means recently all of my nasomi pages have inexplicably turned into Japanese.
I'm wanting to grow the Japanese portion of the server though, if anyone has any ideas or anythin'!

This would be great to see, I'd love for the server to have more Japanese players. The fact that we can't use IME on this server really kinda defeats the point of having them though. What's the point of having them if we can't type to them?