Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:57 pm 

I have always had a fondness for the comedic value of the Danish name Preben; a group of Danish surreal comedians had a skit where they parodied a trio of Danish entertainers, one of them named Preben Kristensen. Prebski is a nickname variant, and I thought it was funny with a joke, that only I was in on. I also named my cat Preben. I guess now that I explained it, it does not really work that well.

Oh well, time to change my entire online presence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 pm 

Walker wrote:
I knew I wanted to be a ranger when I started and I'm from Texas. So named myself Walker

Lol :lol:

As for me, I modified the FF6 boss named Wrexsoul. Just shortened it up and replaced the W with a D.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 am 

I've been Echostatic in games for a looooong time. I liked the song Spiral Static by Muse and used that as a name for a bit, then saw a guy named something like Echotiger in Astonia 3. I got the idea to combine the two, and Echostatic was born!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 pm 

First cooking pan brand I ever received was Calphalon. Shortened it to Calphon due to character limits back in the day. Been using it since Ultima Online.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:54 pm 

Epyon wrote:
I'm obsessed with all things Gundam and Epyon is my all-time favorite ever since I first watched Gundam Wing in the late 90's.

Deathscythe with Duo Maxwell was my fav :)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 am 

When I started this was the first MMO or similar I’d ever really played. For reasons I won’t go into I’d been stuck with nicknames growing up connected to Loch Ness and Locke was one of my favorites from FFVI so I decided to roll with that.

The name sort of stuck in that when I played LOTRO it was Lokilar to make it a little more lore friendly - but Loch was always my original XI character.

This incarnation is a little different. Back then he was a Windhurstian monk (with some Warrior training) dreaming of becoming a Samurai. Now he’s a Windhurstian white mage (with some monk training) hoping to become a Paladin (and a Samurai/monk/Bard/ and everythingbelse).

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 am 

When I started playing FFXI which was my first MMO(RPG), I went by some jibberish names initially but then settled on a final character-name Runekane thanks to the name randomizer. Uhh went back years later as that and some other names.
Now I come back as Wolfram for something different (Had to add a Z in game.) Wolfram is the old name for tungsten, in fact the symbol W shows this relation. Tungsten is one of the hardest metals and is added to other metals during the refining process to increase their strength and in cutlery their edge as well..If you burn tungsten or a metal enriched with it it makes a great shiny rainbow pattern. (My 2nd box character is TungstenZeta)
Anyway, I guess its more a resolve to where I am in my life trying to become stronger emotionally and not break etc. :) Sorry for the long darn explanation!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 am 

Deft was my favorite professional player in League of Legends when I followed/played that game.

Drop was actually my second choice, Farm was taken. It comes from the old retail habit of asking "drop?" or saying "drop!".

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 pm 

Hyperion wrote:
The gunblade Seifer wields in FF8 gave me my name - that's it!

Hyperion is also a great Sci-Fi book series by Dan Simmons, which originally takes it's name from a poem by John Keats. A lot of things in Sci-Fi have been named after it like Jimmy Raynor's ship in Starcraft. Great name.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 pm 

I used to run around on CS:S as [LOSER] IJustDoNotCare. My buddy one day tagged up too, then a bunch of other people started doing it. I had to let people know I was the original so I changed my name to [LOSER] King Loser and I have been using it ever since.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next