Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Do you drive?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 pm 

I don't drive, it gives me a lot of anxiety like being responsible for not only my life but my passengers is to much pressure. I don't mind at all being in a car with someone else driving but me being in control of the car? I CAN'T DO IT. Not to mention the crazy, rude drivers out there, my brother has been driving for a few years now and he goes exactly the speed limit, We were driving to a store in our town when some jerk was like beeping and just being a jerk behind us, why do people feel the need to do that? My Grandma she is 101 years old and she never really learned to drive either, but she always tells me to not make the same mistake she did and get to my license. It does suck to have to rely on friends/family to drive me to places, though I am kinda lucky that their are stores around the corner that I can usually walk to. So do you drive? Did you have to over-come any anxiety or did it just come naturally? Know anyone that doesn't drive? Any interesting stories about dealing with jerks on the road?

Post subject: Re: Do you drive?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

I live in a rural town in the south, so driving isn't that big a of deal for me. People drive pretty friendly here but I don't like driving in big cities I've been to, like Dallas and Houston. It can be a bit scary but it's really not that bad, especially with modern GPS systems. My biggest fear when driving in unknown areas is mainly just getting lost.

I do however have anxiety disorder. So I understand how you feel. I've had panic attacks while driving which required me to pull over and calm down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:57 pm 

Pity the jerks, try not to care otherwise. I try to leave myself plenty of time to get where i’m going so i can drive slower and relaxed. also, drive on the right pass on left where possible. keeps everyone more chill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:07 am 

after I got my license,...(and a job)...I would go driving for all hours of the night just to get lost and see where I wound up.
Yeah, if you're actually doing the speed limit, don't mind the A-holes. I(most all of NJ) goes just about 5min over the limit everywhere, but I don't much mind people doing the speed limit or even a few under. That's how one is supposed to drive after all. What will annoy me is people doing 40(or less) in what kinda looks like a residential area(but it actually isn't) when there is a posted speed limit of 50. AND a mile up the road is a sign that says "Reduced Speed Limit Ahead" and the next sign says>..... 40mph. Now why is there signs saying reduced speed to 40mph if the limit was already 40? And yet...I'm behind them all the time.

And yes. Stay right. Pass left. Get back over. Please.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:07 am 

I wish I could get my license. Unfortunately it costs about 2700 Euro (2,8k USD) here and it gives me a lot of anxiety. People always say that driving becomes so natural and it will be like driving a bycicle but there is just so much stuff that can happen on the road. Oh you just scratched this guys car? Rip money. Not to forget the stress that comes with dealing with these situations. Sucks being reliant on things like the bus so hopefully I can bring myself to just suck it up and do it soon.. Which prolly won't happen.