Lobby: Up
Online: 38
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seij's Video Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 am 

Saw Snowden's video thread and figured I'd go ahead and make one as well. Been having a lot of fun soloing on NIN lately and I'm curious to see how far NIN soloing can go on here, as I never played NIN in retail. Especially without access to /DNC, which a lot of the NIN solos I've seen from the 75 days seemed to favor.

Anyway, grabbed an Ungur Boomerang a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TY5EkJh_ZA

Wiped at 11% on the trial run, was pretty intense most of the way though as it used Radiant Breath 6 or 7 times. Just couldn't quite recover on the last one unfortunately. Made a quick trip to town to pick up a few things and made a couple adjustments, and this second attempt went much smoother (helped it didn't spam Radiant Breath, of course).

And grabbed Brigandish Blade yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmt8864M8M4

This is probably one of the easier NIN solos really, but I sure made a mess of it lol. Was half asleep, macros and gearsets were all messed up, and was just kinda out of it for some reason. This was also the second attempt as the first saw me fail over 30 steal attempts over about 2.5 hrs (didn't get hit a single time in that fight though :roll:)

Post subject: Re: Seij's Video Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:24 am 

Nice work!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 am 

Man I’m assuming I’m dumb, but why the blinding pots?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:52 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Man I’m assuming I’m dumb, but why the blinding pots?

Bat earrings latent +15 eva while blind. Also, thanks for these videos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:11 pm 

Ohhh. That makes sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm 

Ancient Goobbue - https://youtu.be/qCcGmWjo69Q

Since I'd never fought it before, I wanted to see if surviving Hundred Fists was even viable. Apparently he doesn't even use it on Nasomi. :cry:

Even though it turned out much easier than expected, since I'd already recorded the video, I figured why not upload it anyway :)

The one I'm most exited about trying out right now has got to be Faust though. But, it's going to take several gear and merit upgrades (need to stop being lazy and work on some CoP one of these days for that Boxer's Mantle), and a good bit of luck for it to even be in the realm of possibility. Still though, I do think it can be done. Managed to last 30 min. and work it down to 64% on my second attempt. (First attempt was like 5 min, insta-death lol)

Definitely a man's solo, if it can be done at all:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:35 am 

you can buy the items before getting access. I’ve done it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:34 am 

Concepcion wrote:
you can buy the items before getting access. I’ve done it.

Lol, if only I'd known of this sooner... As it happens, I joined a group shouting in Sandy earlier today and managed to knock out 6-4 up to 8-1, so sea finally unlocked. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:05 am 

I don't know how it was on retail but I can confirm you don't need to be even started with CoP before trading ancient beastcoins to Sagheera and purchasing those 75 and 150 coin items. Can't wait to see you kill Faust I will be shocked lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 pm 

Seij wrote:
Ancient Goobbue - https://youtu.be/qCcGmWjo69Q

Since I'd never fought it before, I wanted to see if surviving Hundred Fists was even viable. Apparently he doesn't even use it on Nasomi. :cry:

Even though it turned out much easier than expected, since I'd already recorded the video, I figured why not upload it anyway :)

The one I'm most exited about trying out right now has got to be Faust though. But, it's going to take several gear and merit upgrades (need to stop being lazy and work on some CoP one of these days for that Boxer's Mantle), and a good bit of luck for it to even be in the realm of possibility. Still though, I do think it can be done. Managed to last 30 min. and work it down to 64% on my second attempt. (First attempt was like 5 min, insta-death lol)

Definitely a man's solo, if it can be done at all:

I'd be interested in attempting this one as well. Would be cool to see who could manage to pull it off first. I'm willing to bet that the blind potions were more of a hinderance than a help, though.

EDIT: I LOVE U SEIJ I WATCHED ALL UR VIDS BACK IN THE DAY AND INSPIRED ME TO LVL RDM THEN!

EDIT EDIT: Are you /thf there? I really think you should try /rdm and just rock a ton of yag drinks/perseikos. As a thf with D ring/jelly/evasion gear and phalanx 2, I was taking as low as 10 dmg per typhoon. I basically didn't need shadows. If you can buff up to that point it should be easy enough. Anyways, You've inspired me to try this as soon as today and I will report back!

(NOT TRYING TO STEAL YOUR THUNDER HERE JUST OFFERING SOME FRIENDLY RIVALRY. NIN SOLO 4 LIFE)