Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2019-09-26 Maintenance
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 am 
Site Admin

Due to a mishap with the router doing some testing, it caused some issues which required a reboot. While that was happening I figured it would be a good time to complete the cutover for new servers.

All game servers and associated sql servers as well as lobby/chat/search servers are now running on a 4 node dell c6220 with 8x e5-2660's and 256gb ram. Each node has dual 10gb links and dual 1gb links for backup to separate switches. All storage now sits on 24x 480gb enterprise grade SSD's in 4x 2.1tb volumes.

Additionally, some network configurations have changed. All traffic is now flowing through a GRE tunnel to a vps protected by voxility anti-ddos services. Prior to this, only web traffic was protected through cloudflare, however people figured out how to circumvent this protection.

A great deal of time an effort has been spent making these changes, a lot of changes that wouldn't need to be made had people just played by the rules. So once again, let me remind you. If you choose not to play by the rules, it wastes my time dealing with you, and you will forfeit the opportunity to play here.

That being said, have fun, play fair, and be safe out there!