Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings, players!

I am Nasomi, and this is my server. It's not only my server, though. It's the server that, as of the writing of this letter, is the server of over 2600 active and dedicated players. We reached a new milestone this past weekend, over 800 consecutive players online. Over 7,500 auction house transactions totaling over 56 million gil and 100k monsters slain in a 24 hour period. When I started this project 4 years and 9 months ago, I couldn't have imagined we'd reach this level.

This project launched on July 28th, 2013 as a result of heavy nostalgia. I wanted to play a game that was challenging, required group play, and had longevity. Something I could play and enjoy with others that wasn't so fast paced, something I had to work towards for weeks, months, or even years. Flashy graphics wasn't so much as important as a world which had well thought out groundwork, extensive back stories, involved quests, characters that were memorable. Hack and slash your way to level cap and grind for endgame for gear wasn't for me, and at the time, there wasn't any other options. So I set out and got to work in an attempt to create those former glory days of when the game was most important to me.

The beginning was a bit rocky. I was pretty new to this sort of thing, but I was determined. Over the years I've honed my skills as a developer and admin. I've learned an unimaginable amount in the time I've spent working on this project. There have been countless monumental changes over the years as a result. And, at times, I've had to make some really hard decisions. Some may not have been popular, either. Countless players have attacked my character and integrety, as well as me personally. It's very discouraging sometimes, and even leaving me second guessing myself on occasion. However, days like today, seeing so many people having fun and working together, I know that the decisions I've made have ultimately contributed to our success, and makes it all worth while.

On occasion tensions will run high, Vana'diel is at times very competitive. During these times please remember that you are not only representing yourself and your linkshell, but the entire Nasomi server. We ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized matter at all times. And remember, cheating is strictly prohibited on Nasomi. The rules exist to create equal opportunity among all players, based on the amount of effort you're willing to put in. Please play fair.

While it's not possible to do so in person, I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your hard work and dedication to the Nasomi Server. As we welcome all the new players, I encourage the more senior players to make an effort to make them feel welcome. After all, we're all in this together.

Thank you, and good luck on your adventure!
~Nasomi

P.S. Stay tuned for new and exciting content!