Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am 

Hello everyone, I am Zexal, a thief from the nation of Bastok, I am a newbie, I hope I can have a good time, if you have any advice I would appreciate it

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 pm 

Hi and welcome! Are you totally new to FFXI, or just to the server. If the former, check out the link in my sig for some tips. Do a /sea all lolbst from time to time and send me a /tell if you see me online. I'll be happy to help out however I can. I'm not playing much these days, but I'm often in Bastok so that'll help a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:11 pm 

I am completely new to this mmo any advice I would appreciate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 am 

Okie doke, so there's a pretty steep learning curve that you should be aware of. It's one of the most punishing games around, but also one of the most satisfying. The need for groups to do anything significant really adds to the sense of accomplishment after you've taken down an especially tough Notorious Monster or navigated a crazy area with minimal deaths. It also makes accomplishing things take a while sometimes, and can be a real challenge.

The link in my signature has a lot of useful info for people new to the game, so definitely check that out. Also, one thing that's not included there is a link to the mog house exit quests. They allow you to exit from your mog house in any city to any other mog house exit in the same city. So if you enter your MH in Bastok Mines, you can choose to leave it via Port Bastok, etc. Here's the link: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... xit_Quests

There are linkshells (in-game chat groups) that focus on helping new players. I remember GreeterPatrol being one, and I know there are likely others. Do a /shout in Bastok Mines (the most active area of Bastok) and someone will eventually come to your aid. It's really tough starting out and people like to help newbs when they're able to.

I'm not playing much these days, but I'll try to look for you next time I'm on. Best of luck!

Post subject: getting started
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:51 am 

they also have a guide called getting started , it helped me , am a return player , but i forgot about signet the gudie as a good run down for new players , if u need help just ask am level 4 in windy blm taru my name is mathrandir