It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Newcomer from China
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm 

Character Name: Dearie
Played FFXI? Yes!
Came from: Fenrir
Years Played: 2003-2009
How you found us? QQ Group Chat (in case you do not know, it is the Chinese Version of Windows Messenger)
Other MMO's? Final Fantasy XIV also.

Like I said, I am a player from China, and Final Fantasy XI was the game I played when I was in college back the days when I studied back in the States.
Back then I was a timid yonng student from a foreign country, who had little knowledge about how the life would be in the States. You know back then my college Dome had a wierd tendency for putting international student together, so we got the wierdest group ever: Daniel C. from Columbia, Daniel T. from Indonesia, Brandon P. from the States, and me from China. I could hardly communicate with the other kids, till I found we all shared the same love: video games, especially Final Fantasy Series.
So the four of us started XI at the same time, and through my whole college career, this is the thing linked us together. Although we never been in any Endgame LS, nor ever fought HNMs, not even Dynamics back to the day, we still had whole lot of fun, and this game is much more to me than just a mere game. It was my youth, my social link, and my remembrance (that was our LS btw) of my friendship.
I went back to China at the year of 2009, after 10 years, now I am a father of two kids. When I got a little spared time in my life finally this year, I missed this game so much. I tried the retail version first, and found it was very unfriendly for a people from China. First it is not very easy to obtain a CD-key for a player from China, after all this is a very old game. And most importantly, SE locked the IP from China - I guess most of you didn't know, on the purchase webpage of SE, if the brower detected your IP is from China, it would show "Pending" and "Server Maintainess" and never proceed. I have no idea why, but it makes me give up on the retail version soon after I found out this fact.
I was thankful that afterward I found Nasomi. Although at first the people told me Nasomi is simply because it is free. However, when I logged in, I know this is exactly what I had been looking for. It was just like the old days, people play together and help each other and enjoy this game, and I can directly register and play with a Chinese IP. For this, thank you Nasomi.
Unfortunately I have been in the torrent of the recent Chinese RMT events. Not because I am a RMT - I just a lowly lv27 WHM who struggle to even save money to buy maps, just simply becuase I am a Chinese and use a Chinese IP to play. I cannot use search function, nor use the AH, but that is OK, if this is the measure it would take to get rid the RMTs, I think this is fine. I will use a payed VPN,and so far I can still play normally and still enjoy this game. That is the little price I have to pay, and I am willing to pay it. Because I hate the RMTs like most of the people here, I still remember what they did back then when I was playing the retail version.
What makes me really unhappy is when I checked this forum earlier today, a message appeared:
"You have been permanetly banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your IP Address."
Firstly I was shocked, then I felt, frankly, disgusted by this act. I have been judged as a criminal, simply just because where I am from.
Mr. Nasomi, I am not asking you for fixing the search function or AH,after all a paid VPN could solve the problem, and for people who really love this game (and also probably for people who really want to make money in this server), it would not be a problem. I just beg you please don't judge a person as a crimical just simply based on where they are from.
I post here today as a newcomer to Nasomi. I just hope people in this game please don't treat me as a RMT just simply because where I am from. Also I hope people here can tolerate me for use a VPN to play this game, so far I found this is the only way I can get this game to work. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Newcomer from China
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:34 pm 

You are wrong , im from Italy and i get the same permanent ban message , every1 does

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:09 pm 

:o is that so? Then Does your /sea work in game?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:27 pm 

OK I didnt find any offical comfirmation from Nasomi. But now this is really happening right now, and it is tested by me personally :
1. All the players from China, regardless which Internet service Co. they choose, cannot use the /sea function to find party
2. All the players from China, when the use AH to buy/sell items, the only thing pop up is "Search Failed"
3. when a VPN is used, the two problems I mentioned above are solved
So far I didnt see anything officially annoucned if it is just a glitch or intentionally as a counter-measure against those RMTs from China. but in Chinese community people rumored this is a counter-measure against Chinese RMTs, and it did bring some arguments and even fights among players.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:20 pm 

Lingshen wrote:
OK I didnt find any offical comfirmation from Nasomi. But now this is really happening right now, and it is tested by me personally :
1. All the players from China, regardless which Internet service Co. they choose, cannot use the /sea function to find party
2. All the players from China, when the use AH to buy/sell items, the only thing pop up is "Search Failed"
3. when a VPN is used, the two problems I mentioned above are solved
So far I didnt see anything officially annoucned if it is just a glitch or intentionally as a counter-measure against those RMTs from China. but in Chinese community people rumored this is a counter-measure against Chinese RMTs, and it did bring some arguments and even fights among players.

Hello and welcome from a fellow Fenrir player :D.

I do not claim to be tech savvy or understand how nasomi handles things , so this is 1000% speculation on my part.

Unfortunately I believe this is Nas's way of stopping whoever was forum and in-game spamming for the past 2 weeks. I also do not believe this is his permanent solution and sadly one thing you will have to learn on this server is patience.

Wish I had more insight on this issue and hopefully a fix will come down soon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:13 am 

I can totally understand Nas's action. After all, I do think what the RMTs has done recently was truely unforgivable, and I support any measurements and acts Nas took against them.

Again it could be glitch with my cellphone. Now I can browse this forum without the "You have been permanetly banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your IP Address." with my PC without VPN now.

I just wish to be informed in a more respectful way, that is all. Hope you all can understand the huminiation/anger/frustration when that message pop up on my cellphone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 am 

I've gotten the banned message when browsing the forums from my phone before too, and I live in the states so I doubt that it's specific to you or Chinese IP's.

The part about Chinese players all not being able to access search is kind of lame though and you guys have my sympathy. If that's Nas's solution to the current RMT debacle I at least hope it's only temporary for you. The larger number of legitimate Chinese players shouldn't have to be punished for the actions of the few.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 am 

Frankly I am fine with that solution for now.

Paying a working VPN for Nasomi costs me somewhere around 40 bucks a year. Considering the average salary for a Chinese is somewhere around 700-800 bucks a month, it is not cheap. This could be a effective way to reduce the number of RMTs (though also will bar out players who would not willing or couldnt afford), after all they used to play it for free, now there is a price to pay, and without the access to search command, they cannot group farming without VPN, at least one of them will need to buy VPN.

I think we should wait and see how things really gonna go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:20 am 

Lingshen wrote:
What makes me really unhappy is when I checked this forum earlier today, a message appeared:
"You have been permanetly banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your IP Address."
Firstly I was shocked, then I felt, frankly, disgusted by this act. I have been judged as a criminal, simply just because where I am from.

You chinese guys seem to have a penchant for playing the victim, don'tcha.

I'm in Italy and, much like Pasqualeomega, I've been getting this message randomly ever since the spam began, when using browsers with built-in anonymous browsing features, such as Firefox. It's fine on Explorer. LS mate from Kuwait is also getting it, so no, it isn't just China.

Also, been partying a lot with Niub the last couple of weeks while finishing my Ninja, pretty sure he's from China and he didn't seem to have problems using the search feature to make parties, seeing as he'd constantly lead the ones I was in.

You sure you aren't blowing stuff out of proportion here?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:12 am 

Niub is in one of my QQ chatting group, though I have never personally chatted with him, I do remember this name. I think you can ask him personally if what I said is true. Though Idk if he is using VPN or not.

For this message "You have been permanetly banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your IP Address." I do have s screen shot, just in case you wanna see it.

OK this forum is a little bit more complicated than I thought, But i do Manage to update my screenshot.

Last edited by Lingshen on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.