Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello, everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:49 am 

Character Name: Undecided, as of right now. I'll update when I've made my character.
Played FFXI? Very briefly. When I finally got the game when I was younger, they announced XIV literally days later, so my focus shifted towards waiting for that. Always wanted to come back and give it a try though.
Came from: FFXIV
Years Played: 2 on and off (FFXIV).
How you found us? Searching for FFXI, to see if it was still up and running.
Other MMO's? A lot, actually. Mainly Guild Wars (the first, not 2), Final Fantasy XIV, and WoW were the mains. I only actively play FFXIV now.
Anything else? I play a lot of JRPGs and Fighting Games. Very heavy into War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on mobile. I'm from the US, but currently am overseas. Should be back to US timezones around July. Rather active on Discord and Twitter.

Being that I've never spent any grand lengths of time on FFXI, any suggestions for how to start off? I was thinking of playing Red Mage and then seeing where I should go from there.

Post subject: Re: Hello, everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:04 am 

WinterVunderrand wrote:
Character Name: Undecided, as of right now. I'll update when I've made my character.
Played FFXI? Very briefly. When I finally got the game when I was younger, they announced XIV literally days later, so my focus shifted towards waiting for that. Always wanted to come back and give it a try though.
Came from: FFXIV
Years Played: 2 on and off (FFXIV).
How you found us? Searching for FFXI, to see if it was still up and running.
Other MMO's? A lot, actually. Mainly Guild Wars (the first, not 2), Final Fantasy XIV, and WoW were the mains. I only actively play FFXIV now.
Anything else? I play a lot of JRPGs and Fighting Games. Very heavy into War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on mobile. I'm from the US, but currently am overseas. Should be back to US timezones around July. Rather active on Discord and Twitter.

Being that I've never spent any grand lengths of time on FFXI, any suggestions for how to start off? I was thinking of playing Red Mage and then seeing where I should go from there.

sounds like you got a plan, theres is tons to do in ffxi. best thing i can say is get a social LS and just ask questions lol

GOOD LUCK!