Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 50 Next
 Post subject: Re: New Player Template
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:43 am 

Character Name: Faelily
Played FFXI? Yes
Came from: Dont remember
Years Played: about a year and a half way back after the Treasure of Aht Urgan expansion released
How you found us? friend of my girlfriend
Other MMO's? All of them. Probably. most active still in FFXIV
Anything else? unsure really, mind kinda drew a blank with this one

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:46 pm 

Semi-Newblet~

Character Name: Meabh

Played FFXI? Yes~, started 2 months prior to ToAU release, played through like month or two before Seekers of Aldouin; did end up getting Seekers on discount like 6months into expansion. I didn't much enjoy the game after post Abyssea release, some of the new content was fun, like tanking as DNC, but I felt the game was too well built around the lv75 cap and with the increase it kinda trivialized all the content that I enjoyed soo much, like Sky/Sea/Dynamis. It didn't feel like new endgame content being added was really adequate to replace what they had already built so much into, so I slowly began to lose interest in the game itself. There were some features I did like, small QoL things, but the game didn't feel the same as Abyssea just made it easier and easier to level any job and then no one really learned their roles and it just made content artificially harder because of poor player skill. But, oh well, it is what it is~. I played BRD main, DNC, SMN, RNG, THF; little sad DNC wont ever come but oh well it didn't get OP good until Abyssea anyways, so I can stand not to have that lol xD.

Came from: Kujata!, and kept playing even after it merged with Valefore

Years Played: I wanna says 5yrs? maybe more or less, not 100% on dates

How you found us? Twitch, streamer I follow and sometimes PrimeSub too

Other MMO's? to many @.@, XIV still active player, played WoW off and on, Tera, GW2, etc etc

Anything else? XI was my first and fav MMO, nothing every really compared to it when play other MMOs sadly, it had things I did like but one thing I loved was LS or guilds aspect, you had to be part of one, you had to work together, you had to coordinate. I loved it all, esp being someone who is primarily introvert and very timid irl, MMOs have been a gateway for me to branch out to talk to other people, to find friends and enjoy myself. I still struggle with it even ingame but I find myself more open then I could ever be once I get used to people and it all started with the day I logged into XI for first time................mind you it took me 12hrs to install the game and update due to shitty wifi modem that would disconnect every hour so I had stay up all night restarting it and ended up calling into work the next day do to zero sleep and not finishing install til like 9am @[email protected] I still remember loading into San d'Oria for first time and running around lost and even when I found my way outside to kill stuff running circles around enemies thinking that somehow helped me dodge attacks better(I shit you not). It took me over a year to get my first Lv75 and I almost gave up 3-4 times because I picked WHM and struggled just to afford spells, but once I found friends to help me out and would talk to me on daily basis I had reason to keep playing and it was that aspect that kept me playing and finding the jobs I loved to play, like BRD, esp when I was in a merit party and someone told me I was the best BRD they had every partied with since I never let buffs drop and never didn't have a mob slept and ready for when DPS killed the one they were on. Even XIV which I still love to play doesn't feel the same anymore, far too much content is becoming PUG'able so most people don't bother to form legit static parties and the ones that do, you basically have be in their friend circle or you aren't getting a spot so I feel distant and left out of endgame content more and more because I don't want to PUG everything with random people and I can't seem to find committed FCs to do stuff with.

So if you see my newblet butt running around San d'Oria feel free /wave or say hi, I've managed to get 3 jobs to lv10 and working on other 3. My plans are BRD/SMN/BST as jobs I want to level 75 first, havn't joined any LSs yet so wouldn't mind a newbie friendly one to help with Missions, questing, etc to make the path to 75 a bit easier cause I know it was tough for my first 75 with out the help. Anyways, enough ranting hope see people there in game and make some new friends.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:47 am 

Character Name: Timelord
Played FFXI? Yes
Came from: Bahamut
Years Played: 2003-current
How you found us? Friend wanted to play and my sister would love coming back to play too
Other MMO's? Voyage Century, Wizard 101, Eve-Online, Knight Online, Star Trek Online, Mortal Online
Anything else?
Me and my sister played a long time ago but had to stop due to price for playing monthy
i mostly Soloed Beastmaster from 1-75 without any help and duo with friends too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 pm 

Character Name: Lildream
Played FFXI? Yes
Came from: Bahamut
Years Played: 7 years
How you found us? My brother Timelord
Other MMO's? Wizard 101, Stardew Valley, Toontown rewritten
Anything else? I have an autistic 16yr old kid so I don't dedicate play anything anymore, But I do try to play daily so I don't go crazy from adulting to much.
At one time I played a different FFXI that someone was hosting, but there was to much drama and I quit after a few months.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 am 

Character Name: Mlrri
Played FFXI? Yes, I started about 6 months before Wings of the Goddess was released.
Came from: Ragnarok originally then I switched to Asura
Years Played: I dunno. Like 14 off and on.
How you found us? A friend from retail.
Other MMO's? Some but not really. I like this one and everything else pales in comparison.
Anything else? Currently looking for a LS. I'm mostly on after 9 pm EST until 2 or 3 am. The best part of this game is playing with other people, I've had some good parties, but nothing bonds like doing stuff with your LS.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:40 pm 

Character Name: wulfgar/sharted
Played FFXI? yes
Came from: quezalcoatl 2004-2012 azura 2015-2018
Years Played: 11
How you found us? tbh this was the first private server i could ever get to run
Other MMO's? only crappy ones like eso and 14
Anything else? looking foward to returning to the good old days of just doin a running simulator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:00 pm 

Character Name: Yeru
Played FFXI? Yes
Came from: Titan 2003 to 2008 or so.
Years Played: 5
How you found us? I was feeling nostalgic and went looking on the internets.
Other MMO's? FF14 a little but it didn't really feel like an MMO.
Anything else? My life is quite different then when i played before. I plan on being fairly casual playing mostly late evenings EST.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:45 pm 

Character Name: NeroStar
Played FFXI? no First time
Came from: N/A
Years Played: N/A
How you found us? A youtube video
Other MMO's? I played: Adventure Quest 3D Steam Version/ Phantasy Star Online 2 Steam Version/ Champions of Regnum Steam Version/ Drakensang Online / FINAL FANTASY XIV Online PS3 version / Mobius Final Fantasy Steam Version/
Anything else? I hope to find some friends to play with

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 am 

Character Name: Askam
Played FFXI? Yes!
Came from: Asura
Years Played: 2004~today
How you found us? Friends
Other MMO's? FFXIV
Anything else? Just would like revive some lv75 era

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:22 am 

Character Name: Etege
Played FFXI? Yes!
Came from: Carbuncle
Years Played: 2002 until about...2011?
How you found us? Reddit post by accident
Other MMO's? FFXIV-WOW-AION-...pretty much every mmo out there to be played... inclusinf oldies like T4C and RO.
Anything else? seeking the original level 75 nostalgia

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 50 Next