Lobby: Up
Online: 74
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:52 pm 

I played FF11 years ago, when the Dragoon class was first introduced, and played for years on the Diablos server as HotKitty. HK was a 7 WHM BLM THF DRG NIN BRD and DNC, everything else was 50+. It was a ton of fun. I saw Ninja streaming this on twitch and wanted to go make another run at it since it was free to play.

My problem:
It's hard to make enough gil to buy basic gear, harder than I remember.
The AH in Windhurst is low and slow on income. I'm only level 5, but can't afford level gear.
In the past, sell a stack of fire/wind crystals and outfit a level 5 job. No sell a stack get one piece of armor.

What can I do to ramp up early gold? I can't even level efficiently, mobs that I should be farming I can't because I'm stuck with level 1 gear. Mobs that I can farm, won't drop anything that sells?
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by nopaxt on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am 

Welcome!

Nabutso has made a pretty cool thread to help people in your situation:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4645

One thing has changed though: The maximum number of AH sales is now 100 instead of infinite (it's still a lot).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 am 

nopaxt wrote:
I played FF11 years ago, when the Dragoon class was first introduced, and played for years on the Diablos server as HotKitty. HK was a 7 WHM BLM THF DRG NIN BRD and DNC, everything else was 50+. It was a ton of fun. I saw Ninja streaming this on twitch and wanted to go make another run at it since it was free to play.

My problem:
It's hard to make enough gil to buy basic gear, harder than I remember.
The AH in Bastock is low and slow on income. I'm only level 5, but can't afford level gear.
In the past, sell a stack of fire/wind crystals and outfit a level 5 job. No sell a stack get one piece of armor.

What can I do to ramp up early gold? I can't even level efficiently, mobs that I should be farming I can't because I'm stuck with level 1 gear. Mobs that I can farm, won't drop anything that sells?
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing wrong, its just a grind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:44 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Nothing wrong, its just a grind

I've put everything on the AH and at level 7 have 109 gil.
I can't improve armor or weapons, I still have an onion sword and mithran clothes.
This isn't a grind, it's insanity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm 

Take that gil you have abuy a few distilled waters from the AH. Get some beehive chips off the bees. I believe theres bees in windy and bastok. Once you have 3, use a firecrystal you got and a water with the 3 chips and make a beeswax. They sell very well and quick on the AH. Just keep doing this.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:19 pm 

Sounds like you didn't learn how the AH works quite yet. The cheapest item sells first, if you list for the same price as the last sold, you will almost never sell yours, because that's the price people paid, not the price they listed it for.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:10 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Sounds like you didn't learn how the AH works quite yet. The cheapest item sells first, if you list for the same price as the last sold, you will almost never sell yours, because that's the price people paid, not the price they listed it for.

I played for 5 years, I am aware of how the AH works, it's just slow going low income.
A stack of earth crystals sell for 200 gill, I post them for say 176gil. Yeah the sold 3 day later.
So now I'm sitting on 306 gil from the AH and 1500 from quests, 1.8 k still doesn't out fit a level 5 character and I'm pushing level 10.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:30 pm 

Then follow the advice linked in the thread I made, or check the link to the same thread in my sig. It's designed specifically for players like you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Then follow the advice linked in the thread I made, or check the link to the same thread in my sig. It's designed specifically for players like you!

Deleted my bastok character moved to windhurst, life is much better...