All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:35 pm 

Note subject.

Thanks.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:52 pm 

Check the item and select Price History to get an idea of the going rate. You can use the history as a guide to how much bid, but keep in mind that it does not tell you what the current asking prices are, only what the recent bidding prices have been.

Now check the item again, select Bid, and enter your bid. If your bid is successful you will receive the item. Otherwise you can either bid a higher amount, or give up if you decide the price is too high.

Since bidding is free, you may want to start with a low value and raise your bids gradually until you are successful. This costs nothing but a little time, and you may get your item for much less than you thought.

Here's an extended version incase you forget anything else about how the auction house works.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Auction_House

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm 

I laughed.

@OP I sold mine for 1.5M recently. I'm guessing it'll be in that range.

*I think* the cost to make it now is around 1.2M though so that's something to keep in mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Check the item and select Price History to get an idea of the going rate. You can use the history as a guide to how much bid, but keep in mind that it does not tell you what the current asking prices are, only what the recent bidding prices have been.

Now check the item again, select Bid, and enter your bid. If your bid is successful you will receive the item. Otherwise you can either bid a higher amount, or give up if you decide the price is too high.

Since bidding is free, you may want to start with a low value and raise your bids gradually until you are successful. This costs nothing but a little time, and you may get your item for much less than you thought.

Here's an extended version incase you forget anything else about how the auction house works.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Auction_House

Sometimes I wonder how I get so far in the game without knowing how to use an Auction House. Great tips.

Context: I want to negotiate. Don't feel like paying a lot of gil for a DRG piece that looks "good" that can be easily be replaced by Assault Jerkin and other pieces. Perhaps Chess or Kub will pity me :)

~Rubicmage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 pm 

Did you look up the synthesis materials?

The only reason someone would take pity on you and allow you to get away with not "paying a lot of gil..." would be if they were desperate to sell this particular item. Which really there is no reason to be because it WILL sell for what it's worth/costs to make.
I hope I don't sound like a jerk, I'm just trying to be realistic. The moment I put mine in bazaar there was more than one person looking to pick it up so I think it's likely you would have some competition. Unless the one on AH is over 1.6M I would think that the price is fair. And tbh, even at 1.6M it's not really worth making to sell for profit. Most of the ones you see moving around are just from people that have decided they are done with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 am 

Good luck I hope you find the price you're looking for

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm 

seventythree19 wrote:
Did you look up the synthesis materials?

The only reason someone would take pity on you and allow you to get away with not "paying a lot of gil..." would be if they were desperate to sell this particular item. Which really there is no reason to be because it WILL sell for what it's worth/costs to make.
I hope I don't sound like a jerk, I'm just trying to be realistic. The moment I put mine in bazaar there was more than one person looking to pick it up so I think it's likely you would have some competition. Unless the one on AH is over 1.6M I would think that the price is fair. And tbh, even at 1.6M it's not really worth making to sell for profit. Most of the ones you see moving around are just from people that have decided they are done with it.

This one time at band camp, I was camping an item worth over 400k. Top thieves on the server invited me to the party, got the drop and let me lot it for free. This being said, there are nice people on the server. I am not looking for a free lunch, I am looking to negotiate.

If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Since you are all so curious about my business dealings let me explain. I have gil and I farm a lot. Like my home finances, I have a specific amount allocated for relic that I don't touch, a specific amount ready to:

- gear for 3 jobs I am leveling (need to update Signature)
- debating whether or not to purchase Camper's Mezraq +1 and then sell it later once I get Gungnir. I have a soft spot for DRG.
- Leveling RDM alt so that I can farm more effectively

If the dude wants to sell it for 1.5+ million, then I would prefer to pay 3 installments of 500k and ask them to reserve it for me. Even if I only get the item after the final payment. I do this to maximize opportunity and this helped me save a lot of gil in the long run.

Cheers!

~Rubicmage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Why am I getting name dropped by Robitussin

I assumed that you made it :)

~Rubicmage