* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: WTB: sorcerer's ring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:53 pm 

sukasaroth wrote:
Camper wrote:
Kazen wrote:

This, I never understand why those groups continue to do OWNMs when they're sitting on a huge stockpile of items to sell.

4 Penitent's Ropes?

Pure greed.

Ignorance*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 pm 

2 pages in the market place. *Sniffle* I've finally made it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:49 am 

Done, bought 1 thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 am 

Kazen wrote:
AraY wrote:
mello wrote:
It's where the price is rapidly headed anyway... I'd sell it to you, before the AH dropped to 1m and then you offered 900k.

It's only doing so be cause the terrible OWNM groups don't care about the price they're selling at just as long as they get a quick buck :)

This, I never understand why those groups continue to do OWNMs when they're sitting on a huge stockpile of items to sell.

4 Penitent's Ropes?

Edit: Good luck on your procurement.

I don't trust others not to fuck up the prices of everything, thats why I would (did) do it. I think the plummeting of OWNM prices in the past 3 months has proven that.

P.S. Make sure that if you own 4 Penitent Ropes you put all 4 in your bazaar at once to prove that they're REALLY rare, and sound really desperate to sell them. That'll do the trick! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 am 

lockecole777 wrote:
Kazen wrote:
AraY wrote:
It's only doing so be cause the terrible OWNM groups don't care about the price they're selling at just as long as they get a quick buck :)

4 Penitent's Ropes?

I don't trust others not to fuck up the prices of everything, thats why I would (did) do it. I think the plummeting of OWNM prices in the past 3 months has proven that.

P.S. Make sure that if you own 4 Penitent Ropes you put all 4 in your bazaar at once to prove that they're REALLY rare, and sound really desperate to sell them. That'll do the trick! :)

I mean if that doesn't work, you can always shout in zone's all day selling your wares :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:27 am 

AraY wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:
Kazen wrote:

4 Penitent's Ropes?

I mean if that doesn't work, you can always shout in zone's all day selling your wares :)

Thirsty!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:43 pm 

lockecole777 wrote:
Kazen wrote:
AraY wrote:

4 Penitent's Ropes?

I’m not sure artificially limiting the supply of an item is any less “fucking up” a price, right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:25 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:
Kazen wrote:

4 Penitent's Ropes?

I’m not sure artificially limiting the supply of an item is any less “fucking up” a price, right?

It's no more artificially limiting the supply than a crafter not putting up the 10 Chatoyant staffs they have in their bazaar at the same time. Or any company in the real world that deals in high end goods not making or selling as much of a product as they could to not flood the market. Apple doesn't advertise how many iPhones it makes or how many it could make, except as required in its financial reports as a publicly traded company.

It's also not like items were being held back - if one sold, another would be put up basically immediately. RFK isn't 90's De Beers, and we weren't selling our torques for the season and then leaving the rest off the market while we hoarded more.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:

It's no more artificially limiting the supply than a crafter not putting up the 10 Chatoyant staffs they have in their bazaar at the same time. Or any company in the real world that deals in high end goods not making or selling as much of a product as they could to not flood the market. Apple doesn't advertise how many iPhones it makes or how many it could make, except as required in its financial reports as a publicly traded company.

It's also not like items were being held back - if one sold, another would be put up basically immediately. RFK isn't 90's De Beers, and we weren't selling our torques for the season and then leaving the rest off the market while we hoarded more.

yes, we agree... those are also examples of artificially limiting the supply.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm 

yes, it doesn't fuck up the price as much.

the stabilization at a higher price comes from the perception of scarcity and the then-lack of alternative competitors, not from an actual change of supply that's produced by bottlenecking the sales. the effect of the latter is actually quite minimal

play the thought experiment where instead of only listing one at a time on bazaar and hiding the total inventory, that all of them are listed, but only one is listed for a price that isn't 99m.