Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:44 pm 

Tootall wrote:
Does anyone know what fishing skill level you need to be to achieve in order to be eligible to obtain the ebisu rod using guild points?

Unless he's changed something, you don't even need the turns in. You just get the serpent rumors KI from GP and go talk to the guy in Rabao and he gives you the ebisu.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:40 pm 

Thank you for the response. Serpent Rumors cost 95K Guild Points. Once I owned that key item, I went to Rabao and spoke to the Ebisu rod quest NPC and accepted the quest. Like you said, it auto-completed and he gave me the rod! I'm loving the ebisu.

Any advice on catching the Tiger Shark? I've been trying on and off on the Selbina ferry without success. I've alternated peeled lobster, sliced carp, sliced bluetail, shrimp lure, and a sinking minnow just trying out different ideas. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:22 am 

Tiger shark is out of era (added 2012) and does not exist on this server. Congratulations on your Ebisu btw ^^

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 pm 

Thank you, I'm enjoying it!

So, is it even possible to be awarded Rank 10 in that case?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:20 pm 

Nope, rank 10 is out of era.
One note, you can get 100 without shelling out for the ebisu KI. Meatballs on the Serbian-Mhaura ferry got it for me. Your composite may break very rarely, but I got to 100 only breaking it once.
Also a warning, don’t do anything that might target mola mola or titanic sawfish without an ebisu. Those two will instabreak even a lu shang.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:04 am 

Another no-Lu/Ebisu option is Armored Pisces down in Oldton Movalpolos. Frog lure or meatball + composite both work well (I don't think they can break composite on Nasomi), though the bite rate is pretty bad (like 10% or less). Bonus points if you use them for BC:they desynth into Titanictus shells at only 40 BC, which are useful for higher-level BC synths.

Worse gil/hr than just fishing in Qufim, but still fun to ding 100 :)

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:34 pm 

Ferry code permitting, ima try the meatball/ebisu on the Selbina ferry this morning and hope for some skillups^^.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:53 am 

I appreciate the guide! Wasted some precious newbie gill and my LS told me to google this. <3

So far~ SOOOO GOOD. Actually catching fish and figured out why I lost 7 sibiki rigs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:59 am 

Figured I'd add this to the new people, something is wrong with the 11-16 Bastok Mines doing Copper Frogs. I got 50+ No cast in a row, multiple logouts, changed spots all up and down. Different times and days. Did not work.

A friend recommended Port Windurst from 11-19 with Comp + Sabiki. It wasn't the fastest, but its better than 50+ no catches in a row.

Also if Bastok Markets doesn't do well for you, do try Port Sandy. The guide says it's worse but I had the same issue in Bastok Markets that I had in the Mines... wasn't fast by any means but Port Sandy worked and Markets not at all for me.

Found another alternative from a friend.

56-66 Dragon's Avery, choco from Jeuno or OP to Zi'Tah, about 10 min run from there. At the Fafnir spawn there is a ledge you can fish off of.
If you're low level all you need is like 3-4 sneak oils to get there, don't need invis.

Nothing but Crescent fish and Mithril Swords, and a few pieces of junk per usual.

Found the skillups there to be significantly better than Yuhtunga Jungle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:39 am 

Thank you for making this guide, it's freakin awesome!!!