Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:11 am 

wirewitch wrote:
Is it normal - while fishing in Selbina with a Clothespole and Little Worms - to get a LOT of "You didn't catch anything."?

I'm 3/18 attempts.

I've only just started leveling the skill, but that seems like a lot of nothings..

Yep thats why people hate Selbina so much lol

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 am 

wirewitch wrote:
Is it normal - while fishing in Selbina with a Clothespole and Little Worms - to get a LOT of "You didn't catch anything."?

I'm 3/18 attempts.

I've only just started leveling the skill, but that seems like a lot of nothings..

Yes it's pretty normal, 0-5 took me 3 nights of 3-4 hours each night. Just keep at it and the skill ups will come. I can say since I hit level 5 and started isolating fish solely for skillups, I've averaged a level every 60-90mins of fishing(YMMV).

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:07 pm 

wirewitch wrote:

I'm 3/18 attempts.

I just started fishing the other day on my alt and have been using a sabiki rig in selbina and I can catch everything that bites and something bites almost every single time. aside from the fact that the fish wont even pay for the rigs I've lost by mistakenly cancelling my fishing, it's been great. Hopefully fishing actually produces a reasonable income at some point. I fished for a good 20-30 minutes straight with no skill ups but then got .9 worth of skillups over 4 or 5 successive casts, which was exciting. I had spent hours in Bastok in the past on my main fishing and still never even hit 1.0 skill on him.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:27 pm 

Yeah - We've kinda been telling folks to use worms because of cost. I, too, used Sabiki Rig and found that it wasn't that bad.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:45 pm 

you want to target as many possible fish that you can skill you up on at a time with no fish you cannot catch

also took me 60-90 minutes a level pretty much the entire way, full/new moon seemed better and 50% horrible

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 pm 

I know there's a very small chance anyone will want to give away their money-making secrets, but it's worth a shot... Would anyone be willing to post a guide about "Fishing for Profit"? Or at least decent tips to start making a profit (without giving too much away, if you prefer).

In addition, do most profitable spots in retail transpose to Nasomi?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 pm 

Avellion wrote:
I know there's a very small chance anyone will want to give away their money-making secrets, but it's worth a shot... Would anyone be willing to post a guide about "Fishing for Profit"? Or at least decent tips to start making a profit (without giving too much away, if you prefer).

In addition, do most profitable spots in retail transpose to Nasomi?

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Crafting:Fishing

Meeep's approach of targeting vendor fish would be a good starting point. Or pick a carp route where you can skill up while also getting moat carp to sell if you aren't going for a Lu's. Mix and match where it makes sense for you, especially when you're trying to balance fish that only (mostly) give skillups.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:48 pm 

Go to Nash with a comp rod and shrimp lure, vendor stuff to one of the npcs there bout as easy as it gets for 30-60k/hr, also about as good as fishing ever gets

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 am 

If you want to fish for gil, don't fish anything except for Moat Carp from 5-11.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Just do it in Yhoat. It's better. There's a tunnel dead-end NW of the crystal that you can fish in, without aggro.

Do you have a POS of this tunnel? So far I found one with a Vespar in it, which aggroes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next