Lobby: Up
Online: 26
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: stuck with all crafts
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:53 pm 

I was making great gil by crafting a lot of low lvl crafts that others just do not want to take the time to make. Here are my levels. (I want to craft most of my gear also. Any advice on gil making through crafting or gil making in general.)

Woodworking - 16
smithing - 15
goldsmithing - 18
clothcraft - 21
leathercraft - 3
bonecraft - 8
alchemy - 19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:27 pm 

https://na.nasomi.com/auctionhouse.php

start looking for stuff to sell.

crafting is for the most part an investment - you're going to put money into it to get a larger return later.

if you need gil to help fund your first few crafts, try vendor-fishing or killing leeches in buburimu.

nobody's gonna outright tell you how to make gil or what to craft, most people keep their secrets to themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:56 pm 

sounds like you pretty much already got the right idea... make stuff other people are too lazy to make.. crafting isnt so great anymore so if you invest into it you should probably have a full plan and do risk assessment first cause if you just try to blow through it it's gonna take you a loooong time to make that gil back

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm 

I have 80 CC, and I'm also stuck with all crafts.

It doesn't really get better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:36 am 

rawns wrote:
I was making great gil by crafting a lot of low lvl crafts that others just do not want to take the time to make. Here are my levels. (I want to craft most of my gear also. Any advice on gil making through crafting or gil making in general.)

Woodworking - 16
smithing - 15
goldsmithing - 18
clothcraft - 21
leathercraft - 3
bonecraft - 8
alchemy - 19

Yes, level leathercrafter up. I dont see this happening with any other crafter on the AH atm, but I dont browse and play as much as I use to.

Getting to 60 is easy. Get to 71 and you can buy coeurl hides for 15k a stack, which resell on the AH for 40-50k a stack right now. More than double to triple your money back. Then at 80 you can buy manticore hides for 40k a stack and sell the leathers for 220k a stack, more than 5x cost to profit, insane. If you get skinning, making a stack will literally take you 1 minute 20 seconds. Even if the price halves on both the items, it'll still be good money. Leathercrafters also make a very large number of desirable items for people to use throughout the levels, and it's one of the easier 100s to get.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 am 

CC is relatively cheap and there are a lot of synths that don't rely on HQs and get you small profits. Like cloths. Quite essential is that you do not buy your shit from the ah but use the vendors as much as possible. Same with WW. It is just how much you think is worth your time. Also always kill Elementals when you see one. That one Stack might not be much right now but before you know it youll have 3 stacks of lightning crystals for example and saving those helps. Even Elementals like Earth. Clusters are just so good. So good that I am standing in front of the AH and buy myself Earth Cluster stack for 5x the price it would cost me to buy the crystal stacks manually.