Lobby: Up
Online: 73
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Ongoing Helm Guide
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:09 pm 

That's 100% OK alexandor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 pm 

TY guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:16 am 

Due to a Platinum shortage on the server recently. A few of us are trying to find out the best way to mine it in Newton or Oldton Movalpolis. Does anyone have any experience or a marked map for this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:10 pm 

Updated with a map of oldton mining points.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:23 pm 

I've done some mining in Oldton. At 40 everything there is still aggro but easily soloed as a RDM except for the bombs. The mining points are fairly well camped by the gobs and bats, so you'll want to be 50+ probably to make it worth the time; a 75 would have no trouble. Fastest access to the zone for non-Bastokans is tele-holla and then enter via Gusgen, because the Gustaberg OP is literally a 10 minute walk from the Oldton entrances.

It's a decently large zone but the connectivity isn't bad, so soloing it is reasonable. (Unlike eg. Ifrit's.) For speed you'll want to duo it at least to save legwork; put someone at the lake and another up to the northwest.

Meanwhile Newton is a mess, worse than Ifrit's. Connectivity is very bad with many one-way drops, so bring a minimum of three people to cover the north, central and south sections, plus someone needs to bring firesand to spin the gates. Multiple 75 gobbies and/or bats camping everything. On retail Newton also had Aluminum ore, which may factor into your math for whether it's worth the effort.

I have detailed maps for both zones that I made personally, but I'm out of town currently and don't have access to them from here. I'll post them next week when I get home.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:37 pm 

Rockets wrote:
I have detailed maps for both zones that I made personally, but I'm out of town currently and don't have access to them from here. I'll post them next week when I get home.

Good looks.

Here's a map for Harvesting in Bhaflau Thickets. It's probably only worth with 1 person, but could easily work with 1-4. There are aggressive 99+ mobs everywhere, but they are avoidable. Expect to die a few times if you're not great at dodging aggro.

Fresh Mugwort (50k/stack) barely ever sells, Red Moko Grass (50k/stack) sells well, Mohbwa Grass (10k/stack) sells well, and Peph. Hive Chips (55k/stack) sell slowly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:30 pm 

So my Newton map still needs some work, as I've only confirmed three of the mining points there. The Oldton map is ready though:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 pm 

Love that map! Do you have one of these for each zone?

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:13 pm 

Eventually I want to make one for every zone (and ideally make a dat pack to replace the ingame maps, but shh), but so far I only have a few done and a couple more in progress. I've mostly been doing zones around Bastok recently because the locals draw terrible maps, but I've done Toraimarai, Garlaige, Yuhtunga, partials for Xarcabard and Yhoator, etc. Everything is hand-verified by visiting it in person, since the standard mapping resources have a lot of little inaccuracies that were bothering me.

I'm not putting NMs on the maps as they add a ton of noise and are covered well elsewhere, but HELM and quest points will at least be included. Once I get a few more finished I'm going to go back through and make a second pass to standardize everything, then I'll start making regional Imgur albums.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:21 am 

Does Gusgen even have mining points? I just ran through there and didn't see a single one.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next