Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 pm 

Nasomi is great and I’m ineffably grateful for the chance to play XI in its prime again. One major issue I have with Nasomi, however, is the gratuitous experience gain from weak monsters that have no chance against the player whatsoever. 90 experience points for easy prey is simply unacceptable and dumbs the game down too much on a server meant for partying. Why party when I can almost get 100xp a kill bullying weaklings?

I can see how this might have been necessary with few players on the server, but even then, why disable the empress band only to triple the xp gained from pathetic creatures that can’t even put up a fight? This is just a sloppy, unreasonable game mechanic. The server isn’t small anymore. Let’s please end this ridiculous outpour of experience. It’s just too easy and doesn’t feel as good as 2005 retail in this small regard.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:59 pm 

are you trying to complain that its too easy to get to 12 or do you actually think soloing is too viable vs xp parties? nasomi is a private server not a copy of retail the quicker you accept this the less jarring the many changes will be

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:04 pm 

It is indeed incorrect that nasomi uses a more modern EXP curve for EP/DC mobs.

But cmon, it's really not a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:05 pm 

yeah u go solo those ep for 90 xp when u have 40k+ tnl lmao

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:28 pm 

Personally I like the higher ep exp, it's not comparable to a remotely competent party but you also don't feel powerless. It's a good way to replicate (exp-wise) the benefits of besieged for players looking to get at least some exp while lfg.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:17 pm 

I think the exp is slightly too high. I think ep to dc exp should be reduced by about 25%.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 pm 

ITT: people with weird issues.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 pm 

I've been seeing some very bizarre complaints about the status of the server as of late lol

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:06 pm 

I know, right? It's not like Nas doesn't have enough real issues to deal with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:28 am 

This is something that has bothered me as well. I'm fine with waiting while Nasomi fixes things that are higher priority but I would really prefer the xp gains be taken to the original settings at some point. If my memory serves me correctly the xp went like this... 100 xp for even match, 72 for decent+, 50 for decent, 36 for easy++, 25 for easy+, 16 for easy, 9 for easy-. The plus and minus signs don't really mean anything other then signifying the monsters level below your own I guess. After 9 xp it was too weak to be worthwhile. I remember soloing my warrior to 30 back in the day and I was proud of myself at the time. Don't think I'd do much bragging about it these days with the fast solo xp gain. I'm sure a lot of people would complain if Nasomi did change things to original settings but I have to ask those people... Why play on a classic server if you don't like the classic settings?