Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:46 pm 

At lvl 70 when you are soloing.....the increase of xp won't mean crap. It only helps people get to levels for party quickly. That's it. It's not game breaking, it doesn't all of a sudden make BST easy to level and quick. It helps with the first 12 levels.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:30 pm 

I'd say it certainly makes a difference for more than 12 levels. I solo'd Ninja from 32 to 37 in Qufim faster than I would've gotten there in poor parties that kept inviting me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:26 pm 

Why do you think people need help with the first 12 levels? Even at the original settings it didn't take overly long to level up to 10 (or 12 if that's what the kids are doing these days). 1-12 is like a tiny drip in the bucket of xp on the path to 75. I don't think it's game breaking the way it is either, but do you really think it would be the end of the world to put the xp values where they are supposed to be? It most certainly would not and I know I would appreciate it if Nasomi were to correct this minor issue at some point.

When presented with multiple paths to reach a goal most people will choose the easiest with the least amount of difficulty. This is why it seems 80% of these posts are against anyone touching the xp values (even if it means to return things to how they were in 2005). I joined Nasomi to play FFXI the way it was in 2005. The server isn't there yet but as time goes on I hope the server better mirrors the original with each passing year. I'm also grateful to Nasomi for all the work he has done so far and for everything that's sure to come.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:57 pm 

I have more responsibilities nowadays, and I’ve done the full grind already in the past. I appreciate some aspects being made a little more solo friendly, as long as we don’t go full Dancer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:24 pm 

It was put in place because at the beginning of server there wasn't a huge population and people needed a way to level a little bit better since parties were harder to come by. Now though, there are bigger issues to deal with and this is such a minor inconvenience that it should be and rightfull so, way down on his list on things to do.