Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 pm 

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Exp:Leveling

So, here is my idea. Submit your level, camp, mob killed, and the exp you earned at chain 0. It doesn't matter if you're a bit 'high' for the camp or 'low'. I will have a level AND exp range given on this page.

Also, if it's a party with less than 6 members, let me know that, too.

But this needs data to work. Submit everything you can (just post it in this thread!)

Edit: keep in mind this isn't asking for random secret little-used spots. I want values for ALL camps. Common ones especially.

Please use this template when posting in this thread:

Level:
Party Size:
Zone: (position)
Mob target:
EXP earned:

Example:

Level: 11
Party Size: 6
Zone: Valkurm Dunes (L-10)
Mob Target: Lizards
EXP: 192

If you have more than one to submit, for example if you stayed in a zone for more than 1 level, then include multiple values for Level and EXP. If you killed more than 1 type of mob, include EXP for both mob types.

Last edited by Nabutso on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm 

Buburimu Peninsula
Party of 4 people synced 13
VT Sylvestres give base 157 XP (pull T when none are available)

Good camp at E-9, watch for ghouls at night.
Otherwise mandragoras cannot link, are weak to piercing and have MUCH safer TP moves than dune lizards at that level.
Healer should stand back far enough away to avoid sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 pm 

Added Piellar's experience in Bubu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:34 pm 

Solo, 75, Hobgoblin Alastor/Toreador/Physician.
High End Tough to Low End Very Tough, 240~280 Base Exp Solo. Camp is viable for 1-2 players for higher end exp.
Barfire & Shadows are required, Goblin Rush can mess you up, and so can Suicide Bomb Toss, but it's an old merit camp, great for lowman if you have the right group, could start as an exp party as low as 68 with a Whm & Brd for Fire Resistance.
Aside from that, skilled player can easily solo high-end exp/hr if you can mitigate the damage intake from the TP Moves. Personally have no issue never having to rest.

Side Note: Avoid Blaggers at all costs, they're both a higher level and Thief-type mobs. The Rarabs, both lower and higher end, seem to have capped Evasion, nearly BiS Red Mage Acc Set + Sushi putting me over 430Acc still has me having long periods of misses.

Why nuke stuff down, when stabbing something is so much more pleasing?
Sling Swords not Spells™

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 pm 

I'd like exact EXP values, please, as well as the zone and position.

Edit: keep in mind this isn't asking for random secret little-used spots. I want values for ALL camps. Common ones especially.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
I'd like exact EXP values, please, as well as the zone and position.

240-280, Ranging upwards to 398 on Chain5s, and it's not some "random secret" as it's literally a CoP Era Merit Party Camp that was abandoned and forgotten by the general populace. Bibiki Bay, F-9 area, both slightly Northeast and the big open area. A full party can clear out the Dhalmels that con IT to a well-geared 75 and are less painful than Misaraeux Birds (No AoE Shadow Bypassing Abilities.)

This is just an alternative low-mid-sized party spot that was an old merit camp that folks seem to not know about on this server whatsoever.

Why nuke stuff down, when stabbing something is so much more pleasing?
Sling Swords not Spells™

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 pm 

Well get me an exact party size, level, and exp number at chain 0 and I can add it to the list.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:51 pm 

On your table you list Catoblepas at 61 in Bibiki Bay. I've had a couple of Bardless parties there at 62,62, and 64 the last few days and can say with confidence that you shouldn't mess with the dahmels pre-65. If there is a bard involved, it might be better, but probably not much. Birds last through 64 but drop off at 65.

Are you able to add an expected xp/hr column if we provide that? I'll happily start tracking and reporting my xp in future parties if it'll help give us a database of viable camps. I create almost all of my parties but never know the best camps for each level, but everyone turns to me to tell them where we're going since I started the party instead of giving input and deciding together, lol.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 pm 

No exp/hour estimates.

Just party size.

EXP on chain 0.

Level.

Target/Position/Zone if not obvious.

That's it. Provide these.

People can come to their own conclusions based on that information. If a mob gives 192 exp instead of 200, that means they're basically the perfect level to be there. If it gives 200 exp for a 5 level range, it means they started there 5 levels early. It will be up to the players to decide, based on that information, where they should go, rather than giving arbitrary "start here at level x" values, providing the exact exp earned at different levels will tell the party exactly what to expect.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:13 pm 

Added a template.