Crafting still needs some love. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
What NMs are in game? 45%  45%  [ 19 ]
A page/pages for end game? 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Something else, i'll add a comment. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
 Post subject: Re: Nasomi Wiki
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:07 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Nab put together an XP Camp chart (http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... EXP_Guides), but I still think we'd benefit from a more campsitarus style page in addition to this chart if anyone wants to tackle something like that. I also feel like there's bound to still be viable camps missing that people haven't submitted to this page.

Someone actually began work on a similar style page on the wiki. I don't know how far along he is, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 pm 

Chakan wrote:
Guedj wrote:
Nab put together an XP Camp chart (http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... EXP_Guides), but I still think we'd benefit from a more campsitarus style page in addition to this chart if anyone wants to tackle something like that. I also feel like there's bound to still be viable camps missing that people haven't submitted to this page.

Someone actually began work on a similar style page on the wiki. I don't know how far along he is, though.

That page died shortly after it was made, as the creator stopped playing and it never got updated. It seemed like a good start though.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:42 pm 

Can someone link to it? We could pick it up whenever we get some Wiki Zeal ™

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 am 

I've started creating some Bestiary categories, aswell as a quick little monster family template to make it easier, currently working my way through the Beasts.

I'd been omitting out-of-era NMs on pages I've already done (Read: Making a guess at what isn't in Nasomi based on if it was added after 2006-7) until I found Sekhmet's (added 2009) page linked to Category:Coeurls.

I'm not sure if persisting out-of-era NMs are being phased out out of Nasomi so I shouldn't include them, or if they're here to stay and now just part of the Nasomi experience. I hadn't gotten to a monster family that I know has an out-of-era NM in Nasomi until now, should I just add all NMs that spawn in the Original/Zilart/Promathia/ToAU zones going forward and just delete them off the page once a de-confirm is made?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 am 

When I was making wiki pages and came across info on stuff, I put it in the wiki in some form. By making a simple page informing people that an nm or item isn't available on nasomi, then you make that information easily found by a quick search.

You can find an example here.

Feel more than welcome to copy any existing pages and use them as templates or make adjustments to them if desired.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 pm 

Also, feel free to use those categories at the bottom of your wiki entries, in the long-term it will really help answer those "what exactly is different from retail on Nasomi" questions:

[[category:Different from 2005]] if the thing is in the game and works, but not exactly like it was on retail FFXI in 2005. Ex: Jump works at 20 yards instead of 9.5. For Nasomi, these would be bugs to fix or intended new features of the server (like OWNMs).

[[category:Unimplemented]] if the thing isn't in the game/doesn't work, but is part of the ToAU full game and could be expected to be added in someday. For Nasomi, these would be a giant "to-do" list.

[[Category:Out of Era]] if the thing is intentionally left out and will never be put in Nasomi. Ex: A NM added in 2009.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm 

So in the case of these out of era mobs that are in Nasomi and working as they should be, do you think I should just use [[Category:Different from 2005]]? Or tag them as [[Category:Out of Era]] in the case that it's an oversight?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm 

tag them as out of era

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm 

An all-inclusive Out of Era category is useful from a historical perspective, but doesn't answer the main question I have when going to the naswiki which is "is this thing supposed to work or am I just doing it wrong?"

Whether they're formalized as categories or just as part of the template or however we want to do it, it would be nice to separate out things like:
  • In era, works as in era (eg. Onion Dagger)
  • In era, works but is different from in era (eg. Jump range)
  • In era, has bugs (Nunyenunc's placeholders)
  • In era, disabled or not implemented (Assault)
  • Out of era, intentionally works anyway (Chat staff)
  • Out of era, works in some situations but you shouldn't use it (Reprisal)
  • Out of era, entirely unavailable (Dancer)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:27 pm 

[[Category:Out of Era]] [[Category: Never Gunnna Happen]]

[[Category: Bugged]]

[[Category: Not Quite Right]]

Have fun with it. Just be consistent across your pages and it'll be adopted/modified by others as needed.