Where are the camps that folks leveling located? 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Crafting still needs some love. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
What NMs are in game? 45%  45%  [ 19 ]
A page/pages for end game? 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Something else, i'll add a comment. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
 Post subject: Re: Nasomi Wiki
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:13 pm 

Thanks for working on the Wiki! My thoughts are two-fold. I would like to see fishing information cleared up a bit and updated. For new players fishing can be disheartening and just plain not work. I started in Windy just to fish and I do not have any success. Not sure what to do now.

The other thing is that it would be nice to have the "Travel" Section updated to include all information about the Choco Circuit. I just found out about this last night after spending over 2 hours running from Windy to Bastok to try and do a nation change from the first fishing faux pas.

Thanks!

I Want To Make Gil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:04 am 

Zymancer wrote:
Galvas wrote:
I would LOVE a complete item data base with beastiary, armors, weapons, trades skill components, vendor items etc; specifically for this era.

Wow, that's a tall order. It would be quite a lot easier just to learn the various key words that indicate something might be out of era on the existing wikis. For instance, if a quest references [S] that means it involves Shadowreign which is after era and probably not available.

Hehe what's Shadowreign?
This is what I mean. But, I know what you are getting at, it's a lot to take on especially for one or few people.

The link I provided for p1999, keeps ALL information on that database specific to that era (just the core game plus the first two expansions, that's it. 1999 - 2001. It doesn't have any of the other 24 expansions that came out for that game, or any item or monster from those expansions and the need to sift through what's relevant or not). I don't need to worry about another wiki with irrelevant info or possibly multiple areas where mob level may have been changed or pop rates increased or decreased.

Again I can't thank Petz enough for even getting this wiki together, just some ideas for possible future data implementation. Especially from someone that is nearly completely new to FFXI. Looking at this whole experience through raw eyes. =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:57 am 

I have no idea how to create/code webpages, but I'm super bored at work almost everyday (gogo night shift) so I'll start working on the wiki.

First project will be to try to gather all the information about fishing on nasomi, since that seems to be the biggest difference from retail; fishing for each zones and what bait/rod (gonna skip the shit rods/bait that no one uses) for each fish.

Help is much appreciated!

***So I've been working on blm information until I can collect fishing stuff. I've created detailed pages for MAB/clear mind trait, but how do I make those pages come up when you search in the searchbox simple "magic attack bonus" etc? Currently I can only access those pages if you follow the links from jobs->blm->magic attack bonus.

Is it better to search for something, then create the page, then create internal links whenever you want to link two pages together?

Is what I'm saying making sense (lol)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:06 pm 

Fishing database is definitely not a work of 1 person. Sites like GreatBlue need input from hundreds and hundreds of players. Unless Nasomi reveals the info in the code himself :o

I think the main difference tho is that now you can't be too far below the fish you're trying to catch. In retail you can pull fish 10-20 levels above you, not here it seems. You probably need to be 5-6 within its cap. I'm a test this some more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:09 pm 

I'd like to help out with the NasWiki, are we looking to get a full on bestiary going, just going for Notorious monster pages, or perhaps just NMs and EXP mob camps?

Also willing to put in some work to start on an item database for the era, so that we don't have to sift through FFXIclopedia and other such websites to find things that were or weren't around if that's something NasWiki's looking to have?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:16 pm 

The ultimate goal for the wiki is to have it be used completely instead of any other source for people looking for information about the server or the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 pm 

Well, that's perfect for what I had in mind then!

Are there any rules for creating new pages on the wiki itself?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:42 pm 

Nyoomy wrote:
Well, that's perfect for what I had in mind then!

Are there any rules for creating new pages on the wiki itself?

Nope, go ahead and do it whatever way you'd like.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 pm 

Nyoomy wrote:
I'd like to help out with the NasWiki, are we looking to get a full on bestiary going, just going for Notorious monster pages, or perhaps just NMs and EXP mob camps?

Also willing to put in some work to start on an item database for the era, so that we don't have to sift through FFXIclopedia and other such websites to find things that were or weren't around if that's something NasWiki's looking to have?

Nab put together an XP Camp chart (http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... EXP_Guides), but I still think we'd benefit from a more campsitarus style page in addition to this chart if anyone wants to tackle something like that. I also feel like there's bound to still be viable camps missing that people haven't submitted to this page.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Nyoomy wrote:

Nab put together an XP Camp chart (http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... EXP_Guides), but I still think we'd benefit from a more campsitarus style page in addition to this chart if anyone wants to tackle something like that. I also feel like there's bound to still be viable camps missing that people haven't submitted to this page.

I think a worm section would be handy for those looking to level ranged/mage classes.

And considering sometimes I have 10-11 hours of free time on night shift and weekends, I'd be glad to assist on the wiki if it does not take any skills programming.