Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 am 

So I know on Nasomi these mob's levels have been adjusted to fit in with the current era, but are there exact numbers known for them?

Are they the same level as the mobs they replaced, or are they considered a tier above.

Example would be the Horutoto Ruins map that leads to Toraimarai, the hidden map was full of Goblin Thugs right up until the gate leading into the room full of Leechers/Ambushers etc. Those are all now the level 76+ scaled down mobs. Are they the same level as a Goblin Thug, a Goblin Leecher, somewhere in between, or above Leechers?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:09 am 

They are supposed to be the same level as whatever was there before. Although iirc there's one skeleton in horutoto that somehow was still IT at 75. May have gotten fixed though I haven't checked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am 

Have not been down there in awhile, but the skeletons aram is referring to are the skinnymalinks and skinnymajinks. For a long time one or the other was super high level since there was a good chance someone missed fixing it thanks to 1 letter difference that's similar looking. Otherwise, most of the out of era mobs should have been adjusted to be in line with the other mobs in zone. These skeletons may have been fixed now too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm 

Ah alright. Ive been working on Bestiary pages and have been ordering mobs by level, I put the newer mobs right after the mobs they replaced in case that were true, thanks!

Any idea if they drop the same items? ( goblin thugs dropping onions, do the replaced ones also drop onions?)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

I died in Inner Horutoto Ruins to one of these things, basically I was level 43, the Skinnymalink skeletons were "Too Weak" so I ran in there without Sneak, then the Skinnymajinx among them blasted me to outer space with Blizzaga III, a level 71 BLM spell.

So, considering Skinnymalink were downscaled a WHOLE LOT from level 90 and Skinnymajinx were downscaled from 90 to probably 75, I'd say Nasomi didn't adhere to a specific method in adjusting them.

I also felt a little bit trolled with the name similarity and vast level disparity. Well done. :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 pm 

Piellar wrote:
I died in Inner Horutoto Ruins to one of these things, basically I was level 43, the Skinnymalink skeletons were "Too Weak" so I ran in there without Sneak, then the Skinnymajinx among them blasted me to outer space with Blizzaga III, a level 71 BLM spell.

So, considering Skinnymalink were downscaled a WHOLE LOT from level 90 and Skinnymajinx were downscaled from 90 to probably 75, I'd say Nasomi didn't adhere to a specific method in adjusting them.

I also felt a little bit trolled with the name similarity and vast level disparity. Well done. :P

It honestly could also just be a case of the Skinnymajinx not being scaled at all too, as Aramiltaru and Exelyon mentioned, it's pretty easy to overlook especially with a fair amount of skeleton mobs in the game sharing a name between jobs. (IE, Ghouls in Valkurm, Wights in Qufim.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 pm 

Nyoomy wrote:
It honestly could also just be a case of the Skinnymajinx not being scaled at all too, as Aramiltaru and Exelyon mentioned, it's pretty easy to overlook especially with a fair amount of skeleton mobs in the game sharing a name between jobs. (IE, Ghouls in Valkurm, Wights in Qufim.)

Good thinking, Nas might just have missed Skinnymajinxes. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 am 

Well, confirmed that these Goblins are probably Goblin Leechers, as opposed to Goblin Thugs/Weavers like they used to be on Retail. Will have to come back in 10 levels to check them again. :P