Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:25 am 

Direction applies here yes. Though I've looked at both your guides and I'm curious what impact you think direction has.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:48 am 

Quote:
I'd like to start out by saying thank you for contributing this additional guide. It helps the player community greatly to know all the benificial alternative ways to achieve the goal of obtaining that next level in crafting. While I do understand this method is effective, in my own personal experiences crafting, I chose to present my own method of straight Crystal to material form of skilling up. Reason being is, the vast majority of skill ups obtained through Desynthesis is largely 0.1 per attempt when the skill up actually takes place with the common 0.2 skill up occurring when you are at 0.8/0.9 into the level itself. That 0.2 pushes the next level obtained. Then it's back to 0.1's again. In my method, you receive 0.2/0.3/0.4 skill up as a common. Just the other day I went 10 Lvls in roughly 2.5hrs vs the Desynthing Butterfly Axes to achieve 1 level in 1 hour. Using your method allows the crafter to break down the item made back into materials. My method allows the crafter to npc the item made at a near break even cost to be able to repurchase additional materials for the next synth (rinse repeat). I see both methods as being a viable way to achieve success. The one thing I don't agree with is telling people not to farm materials as this serves no positive outcome for a new starting player with no Gil to begin crafting. Not everyone in this game has a Gil tree in their Moghouse to blow on auction house mats. Other then that, thank you for posting your guide.
My guide has been moved to the official WikNas page. I also acknowledged your guide as an excellent source in the method of Desynthesis for skill ups and directed them to this post for further information.

In my experience I got huge skillups desynthing. The point of not farming materials for crafting, is that it is almost always more efficient to farm other items or gil itself that sells for more worth than farming crafting mats.

Example, if you're synthing bird fletchings, it's better to npc farm 20k/hr gil than farm bird feathers, as even at 2k a stack. Farm 20k gil then buy 10 stacks of bird feathers. You won't ever farm 120 bird feathers in an hour. If you can't farm that much npc gil/hr (check out my starting gil guide, it lists where to do this) then you shouldn't be crafting. Crafting and farming and gil and time are all related. The best method is always buy the minimal nq gear that matters, get higher levels (because it opens up higher gil/hour farming) use that gil to buy materials to power crafting (the easiest and most efficient way, which is pretty close to my guide) to get higher levels, because as soon as you hit those higher levels of crafting, all of a sudden you open up the proper hq tiers to make gil.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:56 am 

Cilarnen wrote:
Quote:
is that it is almost always more efficient to farm other items or gil itself that sells for more worth than farming crafting mats.

Thank You! God knows how many times I try to explain this concept to people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:14 pm 

This is the path I've taken for CC from 59 to almost 90 so far, which I've done on this server, if it helps at all.

I am also one of the cheapest people on Nasomi that you'll meet, so if you don't mind a lot of farming, this won't be horribly expensive pathing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:52 am 

The 60 to 90 looks good. Can also take the Wamoura Silk and turn it into Wamoura Cloth 88-90. Cheaper than giant bird fletchings I think.
Then Errant Slops or Prism Capes to 94.
Dance Shoes to 98.
Finally, pick your poison to 100.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:37 pm 

You can also start dance shoes at at 90 or 91 if you're so inclined, using either Advanced support or CC glasses/apron. Much easier and more practical to do if you have Leathercraft to 60 in order to make your own moccasins though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 am 

Hi, I have used your linen formula but I am not getting the required results, btw I am here in Australia. Could anyone help me out?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:17 pm 

Grizzled Veteran wrote:
Hi, I have used your linen formula but I am not getting the required results, btw I am here in Australia. Could anyone help me out?

"Veteran", but what are you trying to synth? Linen formula is pretty vague.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:24 pm 

following this guide i have failed about 80% of synths, i dont see how this is good?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm 

poininja wrote:
following this guide i have failed about 80% of synths, i dont see how this is good?

This guide is almost 3 years old. Nas has significantly adj crafting since then. I am not sure how accurate it is anymore.

Our recent accomplishments