Lobby: Up
Online: 73
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm 

Hello friends! Here is a guide for the aspiring clothcrafter on Nasomi. This guide is made using the best possible recipes in terms of skill up rate, shortest time invested, and lowest Gil investment. This guide will take you to 60 and I plan to add 61-100 when I'm alotted more time to do so. Any questions, feel free to send me a tell if you see me ingame. With that said, let's get started!

Something important to keep in mind: Desynthesis
Goblin Armor - (caps at Lvl 9) - x1 Lightning crystal, x1 armor = x2 Cotton Thread
Gigas Socks - (caps at Lvl 35) - x1 Lightning crystal, x1 sock = x2 Wool Thread
Desynthing these two items will save you Gil in the long run.

Guild Master - Ponono - Windurst Woods G-12
Advanced Synth Support - Terude-Herudo G-12
Standard Synth Support - Anillah G-12
Guild Point npc - Haoh Colphidi G-12

Rank items:
8-10 Cape - Recruit
18-20 Cotton Cape - Initiate
28-30 Heko Obi - Novice
38-40 Feather Collar - Apprentice
48-50 Wool Bracers - Journeyman
58-60 Red Cape - Craftsman

1. Chocobo Fletchings - (caps at Lvl 2) x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Chocobo Feather - (face SE, no synth support)
(Buy the feathers cheap at npc in windy woods chocobo stable)

2. Grass Cloth - (caps at Lvl 4) - x1 Earth Crystal, x3 Grass Thread (face South)
(Buy threads from cloth guild npc. If skipping over Fletchings for starting with this recipe, use standard support. If you capped Lvl 2 using Fletchings, no support needed here. You must cap this at 4 before moving forward)

3. Hachimaki - (caps at Lvl 11) - x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Grass Cloth (face SE. Advanced Synth support til Lvl 8)
(Use the cloths from previous synth here. Either craft more cloths or buy them from guild npc)

4. Slops - (caps at Lvl 14) x1 Earth Crystal, x1 Grass Cloth,x1 Cotton Thread, x2 Cotton Cloth (face South. Use standard support if you capped previous recipe at 11. Once you hit 12 here, u can coast to 14 without support.)
Remember the Goblin Armor Desynth? This is were you put that to use by getting your cotton cloths. x1 Earth Crystal, x3 Cotton Thread (facing South) = x1 Cotton Cloth

5. Cotton Cape - (caps at Lvl 18. Guild Rank item) - x1 Earth Crystal, x1 Cotton Thread, x2 Cotton Cloth (face South. Use standard support if you capped previous recipe. If you stopped a Lvl or 2 short, use Advanced support here. Once you reach 16, no support needed)

6. Cotton Hachimaki - (caps at Lvl 21) - x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Cotton Cloth (face SE. Use standard support if you capped previous recipe at 18. If you stopped short, use advanced support til Lvl 20. No support needed after that)

7. Yagudo Fletchings - (caps at Lvl 22) x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Yagudo Feather (face SE. No support needed)
Cap this before moving to the next recipe. Feathers are easily farmed in Giddeus or can be purchased in AH for roughly 100g per stack.

8. Cotton Dogi - (caps at Lvl 28) - x1 Earth Crystal, X1 Grass Thread, x3 Cotton Cloth (face South. Use Advanced Synth Support)

9. Soil Hachimaki - (caps at Lvl 31) x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Linen Cloth (face SE. Use standard support if you capped previous recipe. If not, use Advanced support).
Make your own cloths by using x1 Earth Crystal, x3 Linen Thread facing south.
Buy threads from guild npc or buy cloths outright if you got it like that.

10. Shinobi Tabi - (caps at Lvl 34) x1 Earth Crystal, x1 Sarura Cotton, x1 Grass Thread, x2 Cotton Cloth (face South. Use stand support if you capped previous recipe. If not, use Advanced support.)
These make x33 per synth and can be a profit synth from Ninjas or a great way to supply your own Ninja if you have the job lvl'd.

11. Wool Cloth - (caps at Lvl 37) x1 Earth Crystal, x3 Wool Thread (face south. Use standard support if you capped previous recipe, if not, use Advanced)
Remember the Gigas Socks Desynth? This is where you will put those to use!

12. Bird Fletchings - (caps at Lvl 42) x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Bird Feather (face SE. Use Advanced support until you reach 40, no support needed after that)
Buy feathers from AH at a fairly cheap rate.
You must cap this at 42 before moving forward to the next synth.

13. Silk Thread - (caps at Lvl 51) x1 Lightning Crystal , x2 Crawler Cocoon (face SW. Use Advanced support)
This will be a slight pain due to it being a 9 Lvl bridge from previous recipe but on a positive note, you only need to push 2-3 Lvls here and you can move to the next recipe.

14. Insect Fletchings - (caps at Lvl 52) x1 Wind Crystal, x2 Insect Wing (face SE. Use Advanced support) Wings can be bought fairly cheap from AH. Get this as close to 52 as possible.

15. Silk Cloth - (caps at Lvl 53) x1 Earth Crystal, x3 Silk Thread (face South. If you capped previous recipe, no support needed here.)
Craft what whatever threads you can from the cocoon drops you get from crawlers. Since they also drop the actual silk thread, this is a silk farm haven. Make as many cloths as possible.

16. Green Ribbon - (caps at 62. Stop at 60 unless plans to main CC) x1 Wind Crystal, x1 Silk Cloth (face SE. Use Advanced support all the way to 60 here)

Well folks, that's it for now. 61-100 added soon but this guide should be more then enough to hold you over for awhile lol. Have fun!! And Happy Crafting!!

Last edited by Rubix on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 pm 

I have to ask, have you actually ever leveled a craft? Because your guide is definitely not the cheapest and easiest way to level it, nor do you mention anything about day, moon, and direction on nasomi, and not even desynthesis for skill.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:23 pm 

It clearly states at the beginning of the thread Desynthesis and their cap Lvl (not hard to figure out you get skill ups up til those caps) Direction is mentioned in each recipe. Moon Phase wasn't included and won't be in any of the guides I post. I have 2 active accts on retail (110 smithing, all subs 70, synergy 80. 110 Leathercraft, CC 70, Fishing 100)
On Nasomi I have 60 Alchemy, , 42 Cooking, 25 Woodworking, 20 Clothcraft, 19 Smithing 12 Goldsmithing , 10 Bonecraft, 10 Leathercraft, 10 Fishing. My character's highest Lvl is 32. So to answer your question whether I've ever leveled a craft before, the answer would be no.

Edit: However to be fair, If you have a better contribution to the community on a crafting guide, then by all means, feel free to post one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:21 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Just put these things on the wiki, not in the forums

Alchemy and Clothcraft guides have now been added to official Nasomi Wiki. All other guides will be put there. My apologies for posting them here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 am 

(For those that don't know) day, moon, and direction all play a roll in synthesis on nasomi. For detailed information, you can read about it on the naswiki under crafting. The tl;dr is darksday or opposing crystal day raises the crafting difficulty by 1 (e.g. -1 crafting skill), moon varies raising difficulty to 1 up to lowering difficulty to 1; +1 difficulty (-1 skill) at new moon, no effect at 50% moon, to -1 difficulty (+1 skill) at full moon. (76% moon is equivalent to -.5 difficulty, but this isn't needed until you try breaking HQ tiers).
Facing the opposing crystal direction raises difficulty by 0.5 (- 0.5 skill), facing the supporting crystal direction lowers difficulty by 0.5 (+0.5 skill).

Basically, synth for skillups on darksday or the opposing crystal day(e.g iceday using wind crystal) to increase your skill gap between current skill and recipe cap. Skillup rate and frequency of .2s .3s .4s etc is based off of your skill gap, the higher the gap the higher the rate and potency of skillups.

Try to synth on 50% or less moon for up to a +1 difficulty (increases skill gap) to increase rate and potency of skillups. Moon matters less pre-level ~80 because the skill-up rate is so high and the materials are so cheap (you can even synth on neutral days if you want to power it low levels).

Face the opposing direction.

Skill-up rate on desynthesis is half the rate of normal synthesis(I might be wrong on this). Desynth with lightning crystal. On recipes that desynth, it's ideal to craft only on darksday to get both the synth and desynth bonus.

As long as you are within 5 "real" skill of the recipe (real skill is your skill under menu + adv/reg support) you can get skill-ups on breaks, skill-up on breaks being 50% of the rate of skill-ups on success.

0-3 Cape, synth 1 cape then desynth 1 cap. lv0-1 use advanced support, lv2 use regular support.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 2x grass cloth

3-10 Hachimaki, synth 1 hachimaki then desynth it. lv3-4 use advanced support, lv5 use regular support, lv6-10 no support.
wind crystal, 2x grass cloth

10-14 Kenpogi, synth 1 then desynth it. lv10-11 use advanced support, lvl12 use regular support, lv13-14 no support.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 3x grass cloth

14-22 Yagudo Fletchings. You'll actually take these to cap (important to be on ice or darkday with low% moon for the last 1-2 levels) because they're dirt cheap. lv14-15 use advanced support, lvl16 use regular support, lv17-22 no support.
wind crystal, 2x yagudo feather

22-26 Heko obi, synth 1 then desynth it. lv22-26 you don't use any support, try for low% moon 25-26 for faster skillups.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 2x cotton cloth

26-34 Shinobi-tabi. You take these to cap too because they sell for profit on the ah over time. lv26-27 use advanced support, lv28 use regular support, lv29-34 no support, again low% moon for lv33-34 helps a ton.
earth crystal, 1x saruta cotton, 1x grass thread, 2x cotton cloth

34-42 Bird Fletching. You take these to cap too because they're dirt cheap. lv34-35 use advanced support, lv36 use regular support, lv37-42 no support. Low% moon helps a ton 41-42.
wind crystal, 2x bird feather

42-44 Velvet cloth. Use the 2x cotton thread recipe. lv42-43 use advanced support.
earth crystal, 1x silk thread, 2x cotton thread

44-52 Insect Fletchings. You take these to cap too because they're dirt cheap. lv44-45 use advanced support, lvl46 use regular support, lv47-52 use no support.
wind crystal, 2x insect wing

There's two options to get to 60 cap, Black Mitts is technically cheaper by about 1k a synth, but Green Ribbons are 10x easier to gather materials. You'll probably have to do Black Mitts for 1-2 levels anyway (depending if you get crafting glasses)

52-60 Black Mitts. IIrc these can't desynth, but they do npc for almost break-even. lv52-53 use advanced support, lv54 use regular support, lv54-60 no support. Low% moon help a ton 59-60.
earth crystal, 1x saruta cotton, 1x velvet cloth, 1x linen cloth, 1x silver thread
You can desynth linen cloth with a wind crystal + tonberry coat, yields 1-2 linen cloth. Desynth on ice or darkday for a 33% bonus hq rate, and on 50% or lower moon for a 0-33% bonus hq rate, e.g. iceday 0% moon = +66% hq rate (tier1 is 10% hq, tier1 on iceday/0% moon is 16~%, tier2 is 30% hq, tier2 on iceday/0% moon is 48~% hq) I don't remember the level of tonberry coat offhand, can't look it up at the moment.

54-60 Green Ribbon, synth 1 then desynth. lv54-55 use advanced support, lvl56 use regular support, 57-60 no support. These actually cap at 62 so if you're stopping at 60, you don't need to both with low moon.
earth crystal, 1x silk cloth(3x silk thread+earth crystal)

Everything can be found at the guild or AH, it's not worth your time farming clothcraft materials. (outside of maybe tonberry coats)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 pm 

Rubix wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:

Alchemy and Clothcraft guides have now been added to official Nasomi Wiki. All other guides will be put there. My apologies for posting them here.

I actually vastly prefer them here in the forums. It promotes discussion/peer review and is easier to navigate via mobile.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
(For those that don't know) day, moon, and direction all play a roll in synthesis on nasomi. For detailed information, you can read about it on the naswiki under crafting. The tl;dr is darksday or opposing crystal day raises the crafting difficulty by 1 (e.g. -1 crafting skill), moon varies raising difficulty to 1 up to lowering difficulty to 1; +1 difficulty (-1 skill) at new moon, no effect at 50% moon, to -1 difficulty (+1 skill) at full moon. (76% moon is equivalent to -.5 difficulty, but this isn't needed until you try breaking HQ tiers).
Facing the opposing crystal direction raises difficulty by 0.5 (- 0.5 skill), facing the supporting crystal direction lowers difficulty by 0.5 (+0.5 skill).

Basically, synth for skillups on darksday or the opposing crystal day(e.g iceday using wind crystal) to increase your skill gap between current skill and recipe cap. Skillup rate and frequency of .2s .3s .4s etc is based off of your skill gap, the higher the gap the higher the rate and potency of skillups.

Try to synth on 50% or less moon for up to a +1 difficulty (increases skill gap) to increase rate and potency of skillups. Moon matters less pre-level ~80 because the skill-up rate is so high and the materials are so cheap (you can even synth on neutral days if you want to power it low levels).

Face the opposing direction.

Skill-up rate on desynthesis is half the rate of normal synthesis(I might be wrong on this). Desynth with lightning crystal. On recipes that desynth, it's ideal to craft only on darksday to get both the synth and desynth bonus.

As long as you are within 5 "real" skill of the recipe (real skill is your skill under menu + adv/reg support) you can get skill-ups on breaks, skill-up on breaks being 50% of the rate of skill-ups on success.

0-3 Cape, synth 1 cape then desynth 1 cap. lv0-1 use advanced support, lv2 use regular support.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 2x grass cloth

3-10 Hachimaki, synth 1 hachimaki then desynth it. lv3-4 use advanced support, lv5 use regular support, lv6-10 no support.
wind crystal, 2x grass cloth

10-14 Kenpogi, synth 1 then desynth it. lv10-11 use advanced support, lvl12 use regular support, lv13-14 no support.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 3x grass cloth

14-22 Yagudo Fletchings. You'll actually take these to cap (important to be on ice or darkday with low% moon for the last 1-2 levels) because they're dirt cheap. lv14-15 use advanced support, lvl16 use regular support, lv17-22 no support.
wind crystal, 2x yagudo feather

22-26 Heko obi, synth 1 then desynth it. lv22-26 you don't use any support, try for low% moon 25-26 for faster skillups.
earth crystal, 1x grass thread, 2x cotton cloth

26-34 Shinobi-tabi. You take these to cap too because they sell for profit on the ah over time. lv26-27 use advanced support, lv28 use regular support, lv29-34 no support, again low% moon for lv33-34 helps a ton.
earth crystal, 1x saruta cotton, 1x grass thread, 2x cotton cloth

34-42 Bird Fletching. You take these to cap too because they're dirt cheap. lv34-35 use advanced support, lv36 use regular support, lv37-42 no support. Low% moon helps a ton 41-42.
wind crystal, 2x bird feather

42-44 Velvet cloth. Use the 2x cotton thread recipe. lv42-43 use advanced support.
earth crystal, 1x silk thread, 2x cotton thread

44-52 Insect Fletchings. You take these to cap too because they're dirt cheap. lv44-45 use advanced support, lvl46 use regular support, lv47-52 use no support.
wind crystal, 2x insect wing

There's two options to get to 60 cap, Black Mitts is technically cheaper by about 1k a synth, but Green Ribbons are 10x easier to gather materials. You'll probably have to do Black Mitts for 1-2 levels anyway (depending if you get crafting glasses)

52-60 Black Mitts. IIrc these can't desynth, but they do npc for almost break-even. lv52-53 use advanced support, lv54 use regular support, lv54-60 no support. Low% moon help a ton 59-60.
earth crystal, 1x saruta cotton, 1x velvet cloth, 1x linen cloth, 1x silver thread
You can desynth linen cloth with a wind crystal + tonberry coat, yields 1-2 linen cloth. Desynth on ice or darkday for a 33% bonus hq rate, and on 50% or lower moon for a 0-33% bonus hq rate, e.g. iceday 0% moon = +66% hq rate (tier1 is 10% hq, tier1 on iceday/0% moon is 16~%, tier2 is 30% hq, tier2 on iceday/0% moon is 48~% hq) I don't remember the level of tonberry coat offhand, can't look it up at the moment.

54-60 Green Ribbon, synth 1 then desynth. lv54-55 use advanced support, lvl56 use regular support, 57-60 no support. These actually cap at 62 so if you're stopping at 60, you don't need to both with low moon.
earth crystal, 1x silk cloth(3x silk thread+earth crystal)

Everything can be found at the guild or AH, it's not worth your time farming clothcraft materials. (outside of maybe tonberry coats)

I'd like to start out by saying thank you for contributing this additional guide. It helps the player community greatly to know all the benificial alternative ways to achieve the goal of obtaining that next level in crafting. While I do understand this method is effective, in my own personal experiences crafting, I chose to present my own method of straight Crystal to material form of skilling up. Reason being is, the vast majority of skill ups obtained through Desynthesis is largely 0.1 per attempt when the skill up actually takes place with the common 0.2 skill up occurring when you are at 0.8/0.9 into the level itself. That 0.2 pushes the next level obtained. Then it's back to 0.1's again. In my method, you receive 0.2/0.3/0.4 skill up as a common. Just the other day I went 10 Lvls in roughly 2.5hrs vs the Desynthing Butterfly Axes to achieve 1 level in 1 hour. Using your method allows the crafter to break down the item made back into materials. My method allows the crafter to npc the item made at a near break even cost to be able to repurchase additional materials for the next synth (rinse repeat). I see both methods as being a viable way to achieve success. The one thing I don't agree with is telling people not to farm materials as this serves no positive outcome for a new starting player with no Gil to begin crafting. Not everyone in this game has a Gil tree in their Moghouse to blow on auction house mats. Other then that, thank you for posting your guide.
My guide has been moved to the official WikNas page. I also acknowledged your guide as an excellent source in the method of Desynthesis for skill ups and directed them to this post for further information.

Last edited by Rubix on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:

I actually vastly prefer them here in the forums. It promotes discussion/peer review and is easier to navigate via mobile.

I have to agree with you because the forum section to me seems more accessible. On the General front page near the bottom I saw the WikiNas thread so that's why I thought the guides belonged here. Then I found the actual WikiNas page separate from forums and learned I had to register a separate account from here just to move my guides to there lol. If that's where they are supposed to be, so be it. Still kind of a pain though lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:08 am 

In regards to crafting direction, etc., the FFXI Dev. Team has confirmed that it is "unaffected". I'm not sure if it is intended to be custom here or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/ ... h=b83f29c6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:11 am 

Gorbulas wrote:
In regards to crafting direction, etc., the FFXI Dev. Team has confirmed that it is "unaffected". I'm not sure if it is intended to be custom here or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/ ... h=b83f29c6

It has been confirmed by Nasomi it applies here