Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: War Maat Fight
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:10 am 

I just got my shit pushed in by Maat. Same story as OP. I checked the log and at one point he hit me with 4 attacks in a 5 second window. The whole fight was over in about 20 seconds.

I didn't want to cheese it with an opo-opo or an Icarus but it looks like I will have to next time. I was probably wearing 800k worth of gear. Nothing great, but not horrible gear either. So fair warning to all the people out there like me who are ok with throwing caution to the wind, you won't win this one with just good gear. Not on WAR at least.

Funny enough, when I killed him on my RDM, I melee'd him down instead of going the typical caster route and there wasn't even a hiccup. I guess his WAR stats are just beefed up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:11 am 

It's a mnk mob bug, something where on occasion mnk class mobs will bug with 100 fist type atk speed. Usualy the 1st maat after a server reset does it, then it's normal from then til the next reset. My girl did her war maat last week before the crash and hers acted ok, she didn't opo either but built tp for 1ws then winged for 2nd ws and it was done. Probably be ok on ur next attempt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:29 pm 

Yup. War Maat is tough without Opo-Opo and wing. Need those back to back Raging Rush to put him down, and sometimes even both can leave him still a bit alive, so make sure you're using food that has accuracy too. Good luck, took me dying twice before he made me do it this way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:40 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
It's a mnk mob bug, something where on occasion mnk class mobs will bug with 100 fist type atk speed. Usualy the 1st maat after a server reset does it, then it's normal from then til the next reset. My girl did her war maat last week before the crash and hers acted ok, she didn't opo either but built tp for 1ws then winged for 2nd ws and it was done. Probably be ok on ur next attempt.

I dont plan to chance it. I'd rather not find out "its actually a Nasomi feature!" and lose another 3k XP. Next time Maat is getting the stinky cheese.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:13 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

I dont plan to chance it. I'd rather not find out "its actually a Nasomi feature!" and lose another 3k XP. Next time Maat is getting the stinky cheese.

Send that old man to the ER, it's no wonder him and Monberaux are so tight lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:39 pm 

I've seen it theorized that his attack speed increases as time passes so that you're best off running in to start the fight ASAP.

I lost the 1st time I tried as monk after taking time to sleep and buff. The next time I did not sleep and mostly just ran in and engaged. Had no problem with fast attacks 2nd time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:28 pm 

You can /sam if you have it and Meditate to 3000% TP before entering the BC. TP won't wipe when entering.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:18 am 

Concepcion wrote:
I've seen it theorized that his attack speed increases as time passes so that you're best off running in to start the fight ASAP.

I lost the 1st time I tried as monk after taking time to sleep and buff. The next time I did not sleep and mostly just ran in and engaged. Had no problem with fast attacks 2nd time.

I can debunk that one. I ran right at him. Berzerk/Aggressor/Mighty Strikes, started swinging and I was dead before the clock ticked down two minutes.

Other posters have theorized that it has something to do with server resets. Either way, there are multiple theories that the attack speed issue only occurs because of "X" reason. I'd test out the server reset theory, but if I die again I delevel and I'm not about that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:58 pm 

Has it been fixed? Is the Matt fight the one at level 70? Cant remember

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:33 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Concepcion wrote:

I can debunk that one. I ran right at him. Berzerk/Aggressor/Mighty Strikes, started swinging and I was dead before the clock ticked down two minutes.

Other posters have theorized that it has something to do with server resets. Either way, there are multiple theories that the attack speed issue only occurs because of "X" reason. I'd test out the server reset theory, but if I die again I delevel and I'm not about that.

This could be related to a server-wide issue about mobs with WAR job over level 25 (Double Attack trait). They basically lose the trait after the 1st spawn after a zone reset. I have messaged Nasomi plenty times about it and nothing has ever happened in 4 years I'm here...