Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Least favorite mobs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:29 pm 

Carrying on with the White Mage conversations:

What are some mobs that you hate to heal through? As I'm only lvl 36, goblins have been the hardest mob I've dealt with so far, especially when they spam bomb toss (even with Barfira!). I assume Anticans are a P.I.T.A. as well with all of their status afflictions.

Curious to know people's thoughts on this!

Post subject: Re: Least favorite mobs?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:02 pm 

Coeurls in LoO are pretty annoying. Not because of the damage, but because they spam TP moves that cause Silence and Paralyze. You'll spend more time removing status than healing lol.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:09 pm 

LoO is one of the zones that benefits from a RDM/WHM instead of RDM/BLM for this very reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:21 pm 

Of the mobs people XP on there are a few pains, especially if people have never tanked them before or don't know how to tank them.

Coeurls - as mentioned above have annoying tp moves (silence and paralyze)
Cockatrices - annoying tp moves, and can be straight fatal if your tank directs it into the party or facing it for that matter.
Wyverns - lots of status effect moves (silence, paralyze and poison) plus they hit like freaking trucks, they have a three hit tp move that if it full connects will drop a ninja without shadows 100% of the time
Funguars - silence, paralyze, disease, and they attack fast (and more annoyingly link)
Corses - (people used to xp on these ... haven't seen it done on Nasomi to date, but in the era they did) .... SUPER annoying AoE silence, Curse, and Charm (ick).

As for others mentioned Anticans tend to be sort of pushovers, most people don't touch them, and silence doesn't have a huge range from them imo.

If you lack stuns, then goblins, bombs, and tonberries are super annoying. If you lack a ninja tank then triple bats, spiders, pugs can all suck as they all have single target high damage attacks.

Biggest pains though Fomors, Diseased, Sabotenders, Opo Opos, and Tonberries. Fortunately none of which appear to be common XP mobs. Tonberry hate SUCKS.

EDIT:
Forgot to add some historic XP mobs ...
Efts - AoE Dispel, AoE Stun (that ignored shadows), Poison that ignored shadows, and AoE tp moves
Raptors (oh Cape Terrigan) - Cone based Stun, Slow, and Paralyze ... when you tank in those tunnels or against wall tanks usually porly position it and aim it right into all the mages, so that's a pain.
Morbols .... I think even if not glitchy and casting instant aoe death (Extremely Bad Breath), they are annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:16 pm 

I'm low level and just getting whm to 37 for Bst sub. However, From 26-32 I have been stuck leveling in Carpernter's landing and I swear birdtraps are the most annoying mob ever. You are constantly stuck trying to wake people up, remove paralyze, and then in general trying to keep people alive. Then you add in tigers and its a paralyze fest! I can barely keep up trying to paralyna everyone while trying to keep them healed and have mp left to continue. Can't wait until I move away from that zone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:22 pm 

Not often healed WHM but have pulled healing duty in a suprising number of parties on BLU, I've grown to truly hate dealing with anything that has AoE sleep, whether it's a TP move, lullaby or Sleepga. Man I sure do love the entire party not being able to do jack unless we stick a healer in the ass crack of nowhere. Also, anything with really high attack rates like Mandragora or Colibri because they splat through shadows and I swear half the tanks on this server don't know what the defense stat is for.

Levelling cooking cause I be cheesing these fights.
Professional Monster Muncher, Legendary Hobo.