Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Spells to Skip?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:14 pm 

Hello fellow healers,

Trying to get this job board a bit more active so...

Are there any spells that White Mages can afford to skip in the 1-75 grind? Or at least wait until later (at our own leisure) to obtain?

Obviously we want a wide array of spells at our disposal, but we all know spells can cost a grandiose amount of gil. Was thinking maybe something like Reraise could wait with instant scrolls in abundance. Maybe getting Protectra II+ and Shellra II+ instead of getting the single-target spell as well? Any insight would be great :D

Post subject: Re: Spells to Skip?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm 

I've been doing this analysis myself for getting my WHM to 37 as a sub, and it seems there are not too many I feel comfortable skipping. I agree with the protect/shell single spells if you have the -ras. I am also skipping many of the bar- spells. Most of the -na spells will be needed in xp parties. I am electing to not get cursena and viruna, but if you go to 75 you will probably need them at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm 

I had thought about skipping the bar-spells as well until I was asked to use Barwatera and Barfira yesterday in a pt (didn't have Barfira, Bomb Toss almost one-shot the pt....oops...)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:25 pm 

BaconandEggTaco wrote:
I had thought about skipping the bar-spells as well until I was asked to use Barwatera and Barfira yesterday in a pt (didn't have Barfira, Bomb Toss almost one-shot the pt....oops...)

I never remember needing it in retail, but I guess things are different here. I'm guessing it was a dropped bomb and not an successful toss from the goblin. Those hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:39 am 

I'd add a note for barblizzara as well. Kind of niche thus far but Pso'Xja BST parties can make use of it against snolls if you exp there 30-40+ Fira/Watera are huge for the main exp path.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:12 pm 

skip the single target bar spells and the status bar spells, usually the reduced duration of a debuff is still longer than it takes to get through the whole party to remove it with whichever -na spell. The exception to this maybe being barsleepra for mandragora parties.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 am 

single target bar spells are only for rdm anyway