Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: White Mage 101?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am 

Bodey wrote:
you heal. your job is to heal. if you do anything else outside of that you are a detriment to your party. yes, you can DPS lacklusterly and feed the mob TP. yes, you can banish nuke and spend more time hMPing. do you have enough slots to hold a billion yagudo drinks on top of max mind, hmp and other forms of gear? no. we never did on retail. you never will on here. i am sorry. save that stuff for the blue moon KRT parties.

Oh, no what i meant was like "you better have this exact kit when you get to Altepa Desert or don't bother getting a party" kinda stuff. Like I showed up to a dunes party without barfire, and as such we couldn't fight goblins. Stuff like that.

Bodey wrote:
as always anyone can feel free to call me retarded and quote me on stuff i may reply this time though but i'm going to bed right now i am very tired

No i really appreciate the bluntness, this all seems like really helpful stuff! So I'll probably grab SMN for level 50+ since the auto refresh seems especially helpful towards hMP rate. Doesnt seem like fast cast plays too much of a role here, at least in this case?

Titanslayer wrote:
Being able to watch the chat log and recognize what TP moves inflict which status ailments for immediate removal is a good habit to practice.
If you're the only mage in the party, Dia every mob, the shorter time a mob is alive can be the best form of damage reduction. I personally like Dia > Slow > Paralyze to open off each fight.

Alright, I'll definitely make this a part of my regular rotation!

The_Carrot wrote:
Chat filters will help alot, i split my chat screen on my alt, and leave dmg numbers on screen to not clog it up, putting enemt abikty and effects on players, and attacks players evade in the 2nd screen almost exclusively so I'll know when a shadow geta dropped, or when an effect has taken place like if a mage gets too close and catches gravity from mysterious light etc

Oh my god, I'm doing this immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm 

Other people have said the most important things already. I'll chime in with some useful but not strictly required tips.

If you find yourself in a static with a regular tank (or part of an endgame shell with regular tanks), it'll make your life easier to create a direct cure macro for those tanks i.e. /ma "Cure" Playername
This circumvents having to target them at all which can help in laggy spots and situations where tabbing through a list might be way too slow (and frustrating if any of those people you are tabbing through blink, since you'll have to start over tabbing again.)

If you know you're going to be casting buffs in a short period of time, like after you get done resting, throw on on your +mp gear when you get close to topped off for the extra pool of mp to cast those buffs with. It pays to be efficient with buffs. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:42 pm 

Kai wrote:
Other people have said the most important things already. I'll chime in with some useful but not strictly required tips.

If you find yourself in a static with a regular tank (or part of an endgame shell with regular tanks), it'll make your life easier to create a direct cure macro for those tanks i.e. /ma "Cure" Playername
This circumvents having to target them at all which can help in laggy spots and situations where tabbing through a list might be way too slow (and frustrating if any of those people you are tabbing through blink, since you'll have to start over tabbing again.)

If you know you're going to be casting buffs in a short period of time, like after you get done resting, throw on on your +mp gear when you get close to topped off for the extra pool of mp to cast those buffs with. It pays to be efficient with buffs. ;)

/ma "Cure III" <stpt>