Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLM feasability
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:25 am 

Have wanted to main BLM to 75 however, the job seems quite weak compared to what I remember. Question is, what level range does BLM become worth party invites? 47BLM at the moment, and haven't felt as though the class has had a strong point yet up to that level. Can burst mobs decently but hardly worth it considering the ludicrous damage melee's are doing up to this point.

Also any BLM tips or tricks are welcomed :)

Thank you in advance!

Post subject: Re: BLM feasability
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 am 

Esquire wrote:
Have wanted to main BLM to 75 however, the job seems quite weak compared to what I remember. Question is, what level range does BLM become worth party invites? 47BLM at the moment, and haven't felt as though the class has had a strong point yet up to that level. Can burst mobs decently but hardly worth it considering the ludicrous damage melee's are doing up to this point.

Also any BLM tips or tricks are welcomed :)

Thank you in advance!

Honest answer: never.

BLM in "normal" exp is viewed as a wasted slot by many(including myself). Their damage is good but they are restricted by MP. Manaburns are viable here and will generally lead to better results than SC+MB PTs.

BLM in endgame is a different story. You are the top dog in terms of damage in many fights(also Stun).

Can send a tell if you have questions.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:42 pm 

I just wanted to say that there is a huge misconception with 6/6 parties on Nasomi. So often I find myself in 5 man parties waiting for a 6th and I rarely notice a dip in XP per hour. This being said, most parties can add any player in the 6th slot, hell, even an extra whitemage and this will most likely not affect XP per hour.

Lamia camp is the perfect example: we went down to a 5 man group after well geared DD left. We picked up another WHM temporarily until a hard hitting DD came along (WHM agreed) and we were still getting the same XP per hour and ended up just sticking with the extra WHM until eventually Nas crashed. Perhaps that extra haste made the difference - who knows. My point is that many parties from from 6/6 to 5/6 rarely see a difference so picking up a BLM for MB/Nukes would be a smart idea in my opinion.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 pm 

Burn > Choke > Shock > 1 good unresisted nuke > rest til next fight. That'll get you to 58 anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 am 

From Qufim to Mount Z, you should focus on BLM burn parties. BLM's stick together and can do meripo-esque xp with a brd.

Burns get exponentially better at 50+ with Freeze/Burst. Look for those camps at Kuftal/Terrigan and Tree/Mount Z