Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLM Gear Guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 am 

In this guide I will explain how to gear up your BLM. For means of obtaining gil, read my gil guide in the main chat. HQ gear is not required to party. NQ gear is perfectly acceptable as I personally understand how gil intensive BLM is starting out having to buy most of your spells from NPCs.

There are really only a few stats on gear that are worthwhile for BLM. They are INT (intelligence), MAB (magic attack bonus), skill gear, and macc (magic accuracy). Most of these aren't available on any gear until 75. Pre-level 54, you will only have INT gear and the lone +5 MAB on moldavite earring at lv47.

INT raises your nuking damage and also gives magic accuracy. The more INT you have, the more damage you do and the less you will resist. Win/Win/Win all around. If you don't have a full nq int set, you won't be able to nuke xp mobs worth a shit until you are at the end lvls of the camp. Have a little self-respect and gear up. Keep your gear for at least 20 levels beyond it's level in case you sync down. Most gear doesn't sync with your level very well.

Post level 50 you start getting gear with +enfeebling magic skill and +dark magic skill. Macro these in for their respective school's spells.

Levels 1-14

Levels 1-14 are quick to solo. Nuke ep mobs with stone until you're out of mp then rest and repeat. You should 1 shot most starting mobs after a few levels. At lv5 get yourself an ash pole and go to town meleeing mobs if you'd like.

Levels 14-20 (Valkurm Dunes, Buburimu Penninsula, Korroloka Tunnel)

At level 9-10 is when your INT gear starts. The gear is very cheap on the AH. If you are too poor, I will even buy you the gear. I can also craft all the HQ wands for free.

Lv9 Weapon: Willow Wand: +2 INT (3 INT HQ)
Lv10 Ring: Eremite's Ring x2: +2 INT (3 INT HQ, though HQ are very expensive)
Lv10 Body+Head: Royal Footman's Tunic: +1 INT (If you are from San d'Oria you can buy this with conquest points; CP)
Lv18 Weapon: Yew Wand: +3 INT (4 INT HQ): New weapon upgrade!

Levels 20-26 (Qufim Island, Carpenter's Landing)

Lv20 Neck: Black Silk Neckerchief: +1 INT: This can be obtained via an easy quest, don't let the 100k ah price fool you. If you need help just hit me up in game.
HQ only: Lv20 Legs: Mage's Slacks: +1 INT: 50k on ah, expensive, not necessary to get.
HQ only: lv20 Body: Baron's Saio: +1 INT: 300k expensive, not necessary.
HQ only: Lv12 Head: Poet's Circlet: +1 INT: Pairs with Baron's Saio as it frees up the head slot.
Lv25 Ammo: Morion Tathlum: +1 INT
Lv25 Hands: Ra/Ex Mycophile Gloves: +1 INT: Obtained from a pop NM. Hit me up in game and I can help you kill it.

Levels 26-30~ (Bibiki Bay, Yuhtunga/Yhoater Jungle(Yhoater can go to 33))

Lv28 Waist: Shaman's Belt: +1 INT
Lv29 Head: Seer's Crown: +2 INT (3 INT HQ)
LV29 Hands: Seer's Gloves: +1 INT (2 INT HQ)
Lv29 Legs: Seer's Slacks: +1 INT
LV29 Earring: Cunning Earring: +1 INT: This is obtained from an easy quest.
LV30 Earring: Morion Earring: +1 INT (2 INT HQ)
Lv30 Shield: Ra/Ex Tortoise Shield: +1 INT: This drops from a 21 hour pop NM in Passhow Marshlands, hit me up if you need help to kill it.

Post level 30 there's numerous camps you can go to. At 30, I recommend unlocking NIN and leveling it to 12 to get dual wield and utsusemi: ichi. Dual wield for twice the int from clubs, and the shadows from ichi will save your life.

Levels 30-40

Lv32 Back: Black Cape: +2 INT (3 INT HQ)
Lv32 Weapon: Chestnut Wand: +4 int (5 INT HQ Solid Wand)
LV38 Feet: Mountain Gaiters: +2 INT (gl getting these)
Lv40 Legs: Magic Slacks: +2 INT: This drops from an nm in Bibiki Bay, hit me up if you need help to kill it.
LV40 Neck: Mohbwa Scarf +1: +2 INT: NQ is only +1 INT which is just as good as the Black Silk Neckerchief; expensive.

Levels 40-50

Lv47 Earring: Ra/Ex Moldavite Earring: +5 MAB: This drops from an nm in Labyrinth of Onzozo, hit me up if you need help to kill it.
Lv48 Weapon: Rose Wand: +5 INT (6 INT HQ)

Levels 50-60

These levels are the start of your Wizard Artifact Armor gear; AF. You can find information on them on one of the numerous ffxi wikis. You also can farm your scrolls post level 50, I can help, just ask me; saves a lot of gil.

Lv51 Weapon: Elemental Staves! These have a hidden bonus of damage +10% and macc+15~ to their respective element. Iridal staff gives the dmg/macc bonus to all elements. An Iridal will be your single best investment in gear. If you're poor, you can make do with an ice/thunder/dark staff for now.
Lv54 Hands: Ra/Ex Wizard's Gloves: +15 elemental magic skill. These will basically become your fulltime nuking hands even in most of endgame.
LV54 Ring: Zircon Ring: +3 INT (4 INT HQ Genius Ring)
Lv56 Body: Ra/Ex Shaman's Cloak: +4 INT +5 elemental magic skill. These drop from an nm in Quicksand Caves, hit me up if you need help.
Lv56 Legs: Ra/Ex Wizard's Tonban: +15 dark magic skill. Use when casting drain/aspir/stun/bio.
Lv58 Body: Ra/Ex Wizard's Coat: +10 enfeebling magic skill. Use when casting sleep/bind/gravity/slow/poison.
Lv59 Vermillion Cloak: +1mp/3seconds refresh! Whenver you're not casting something, this should be on.
LV60: Wizard's Petasos: +4 INT: You can use over Shaman's Cloak if you have an INT body, or else Shaman's Cloak offers more magic accuracy via the elemental magic skill, though it's probably still better to use Shaman's Cloak because even one less resist will do more damage than the extra INT from petasos+body.

Levels 60-70

Lv60 Sub: Bugard Leather Strap +1: +1 INT
Lv60 Waist: Penitent's Rope: +5 INT (gl getting one)
Lv61 Neck: Philomath Stole: +3 INT
Lv64 Legs: Druid Slops: +5 elemental magic skill
Lv64 Neck: Spider Torque: +5 enfeebling magic skill. Use when casting sleep/bind/gravity/slow/poison.
Lv65 Neck: Elemental/Enfeeling/Dark Torque: +7 elemental/enfeebling/dark magic skill. The most important one is elemental torque. You can use spider torque until you get enfeebling, dark is a final purchase buy after you have got a chatoyant staff+
Lv66 Waist: Arachne Obi: +2 INT (3 INT HQ)
Lv66 Ammo: Phantom Tathlum: +2 INT
Lv68 Black Cloak: +4 INT +8 elemental magic skill. Slight upgrade over Shaman's Cloak + also takes the place of vermillion cloak.

Levels 70-75 pre-endgame.

Lv71 Back: Rainbow Cape: +3 INT (4 INT HQ Prism Cape)
Lv72 Legs: Errant Slops: +7 INT (8 INT HQ Mahatma Slops)
Lv72 Ring: Diamond Ring x2: +4 INT
Lv73 Head: Igqira Tiara: +10 enfeebling magic skill. Use when casting sleep/bind/gravity/slow/poison.
Lv73 Head: Demon's Helm: +5 INT (6 INT HQ) Pair with the below Igqira Weskit on nukes.
Lv73 Body: Igqira Weskit: +6 MAB +5 elemental magic skill: Pair with the above Demon's Helm on nukes.
Lv73 Legs: Igqira Lappas: +10 enfeebling magic skill. Use when casting enfeebles, you should know by now!

Once you hit 75 you can start doing endgame (or even before if you know what you're doing). See my up coming BLM endgame gear guide for more details!

At 75 you start to get limit points. Your priority for merits are either 8/8 elemental magic skill, or unlock freeze2/burst2 then get 8/8 elemental magic skill. After that, you can do in whatever order you like, INT, enfeebling skill, dark magic skill, BLM cat1/2.

Last edited by Cilarnen on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: BLM Gear Guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:23 am 

Thank you, Qilarnen! This is a cool guide and i am currently BLM50. Will look this up sometimes and wait for your BLM75 Endgame Gear guide! ^^^^^^^^ qiiiiiiiiiiii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:52 pm 

Really good guide excellent job!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:31 pm 

+REP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 pm 

Thank you for the guide!

I was curious if you were still willing to craft gear if you were given the materials?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:49 am 

mgovednik wrote:
Thank you for the guide!

I was curious if you were still willing to craft gear if you were given the materials?

Yeah. Unfortunately due to crafting changes a while back, I can't make the clothcraft items anymore, just the woodworking HQs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:30 pm 

Sweet! It will be awhile (lvl 25 and broke lol) but once I get there I will definitely like to have your sig on a staff.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 pm 

Cilarnen,

If online this week I got enough gils for the mats for the wand. If you have any spare time let me know.

Char Name: Squanchy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm 

I would love some gear :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:03 am 

Do not forget the Solon Torque (MP+12 Int+2 MAB+1) in the lv30-40 range. Probably the best you can get until the Torques in the 60s. Very expensive tho (around 400k)