Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLM XP Guide
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 am 

In this guide I will explain how to perform your job as a BLM in an xp party. Unfortunately, I don't know all of the different camps you can go to since I never partied that much. If you know of any good manaburn or BLM duo/trio/quad/quin xp spots, please let me know so I can add them!

BLMs make things dead. Prior to level 50, you can expect yourself to be in a regular pt with tanks and DDs, post lvl50 the difference in playstyle between melee and mage DD really starts to widen and you will find yourself being less and less useful the better and better geared the melees are. This is when manaburning becomes its best.

If I can figure out how to make videos, I may even make videos for parties throughout all the levels.

Food: BLM has it super easy with regards to food. The best food is a fruit parfait, it lasts 3 hours and costs 4-5k. It is well worth it if you have a good party that you know will last a while in which you won't die. The next best is cream puffs, lasting 30mins; they are actually more expensive overtime compared to fruit parfaits except if you keep dying and losing your parfait. The third option is the good old melon pie. They're cheap and get the job done.

Fruit parfait: int+3 macc+3 mab+6, 3 hours
Cream puff: int+7, 30mins
Melon pie: int+4, 30mins

Lv1-14

Your first levels you solo. You basically one shot the starter mobs with stone and water until they no longer give xp, then you move on to the next weakest mobs. Alternatively, you can buy yourself an lv5 ash pole and smack shit to death.

LV14-20 Valkrum Dunes

Starting at around level 14 you party it up! Almost everyone parties in the dunes. In a traditional party, you job is to make things dead without pulling hate. The only time you want to pull hate is on the final nuke. The final nuke should be enough to get hate and also subsequently kill the mob. "Nukers don't start fights, they finish them." Remember to stay at least 10 yalms away from the mob to stay out of aoe range. You can nuke mobs from around 20 yalms away. If you pull hate, either don't move, or run to the tank; don't run away from people.

The usual nuking pattern at this level is as follows: You are currently resting mp, puller brings a mob back to camp, tank+DD start killing it. At around 70% you open with stone, then aero, then fire, gauging hate appropriately in order to avoid pulling hate. The better and better your party is at these levels, the quicker you can throw nuke after nuke, skipping stone and going straight to aero/fire. It's a finesse learned with every party on every pull.

At lv17 you learn blizzard, and depending on your party, you can go stone/aero/blizzard, or aero/fire/blizzard.

This forms the basis of nuking in a party. You want to spend the first part of a mobs life continuing to rest your mp from the previous fight, then opening with a weak nuke then nuke progressively stronger. If the next nuke will kill the mob, it doesn't matter if it will pull hate or not as the mob will be dead.

to be continued

Post subject: Re: BLM XP Guide
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:05 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
In this guide I will explain how to perform your job as a BLM in an xp party. Unfortunately, I don't know all of the different camps you can go to since I never partied that much. If you know of any good manaburn or BLM duo/trio/quad/quin xp spots, please let me know so I can add them!

BLMs make things dead. Prior to level 50, you can expect yourself to be in a regular pt with tanks and DDs, post lvl50 the difference in playstyle between melee and mage DD really starts to widen and you will find yourself being less and less useful the better and better geared the melees are. This is when manaburning becomes its best.

If I can figure out how to make videos, I may even make videos for parties throughout all the levels.

Food: BLM has it super easy with regards to food. The best food is a fruit parfait, it lasts 3 hours and costs 4-5k. It is well worth it if you have a good party that you know will last a while in which you won't die. The next best is cream puffs, lasting 30mins; they are actually more expensive overtime compared to fruit parfaits except if you keep dying and losing your parfait. The third option is the good old melon pie. They're cheap and get the job done.

Lv1-14

Your first levels you solo. You basically one shot the starter mobs with stone and water until they no longer give xp, then you move on to the next weakest mobs. Alternatively, you can buy yourself an lv5 ash pole and smack shit to death.

LV14-20 Valkrum Dunes

Starting at around level 14 you party it up! Almost everyone parties in the dunes. In a traditional party, you job is to make things dead without pulling hate. The only time you want to pull hate is on the final nuke. The final nuke should be enough to get hate and also subsequently kill the mob. "Nukers don't start fights, they finish them." Remember to stay at least 10 yalms away from the mob to stay out of aoe range. You can nuke mobs from around 20 yalms away. If you pull hate, either don't move, or run to the tank; don't run away from people.

The usual nuking pattern at this level is as follows: You are currently resting mp, puller brings a mob back to camp, tank+DD start killing it. At around 70% you open with stone, then aero, then fire, gauging hate appropriately in order to avoid pulling hate. The better and better your party is at these levels, the quicker you can throw nuke after nuke, skipping stone and going straight to aero/fire. It's a finesse learned with every party on every pull.

At lv17 you learn blizzard, and depending on your party, you can go stone/aero/blizzard, or aero/fire/blizzard.

This forms the basis of nuking in a party. You want to spend the first part of a mobs life continuing to rest your mp from the previous fight, then opening with a weak nuke then nuke progressively stronger. If the next nuke will kill the mob, it doesn't matter if it will pull hate or not as the mob will be dead.

to be continued

TO BE CONTINUED......???? When :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 pm 

mello wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:

Lv1-14

LV14-20 Valkrum Dunes

to be continued

see gravendarken/graveland's BLM guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
mello wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:

Lv1-14

LV14-20 Valkrum Dunes

to be continued

Wut?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 am 

i wrote this back when i worked night shift doing nothing at my old job! now i have 12 hour days...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:53 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
i wrote this back when i worked night shift doing nothing at my old job! now i have 12 hour days...

Well the community is in uproar at the lack of continuation to this guide we've all been waiting for!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
mello wrote:

Wut?

If you havent seen his BLM guide clips on twitch, they're funny. It's all jokes in good fun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:32 pm 

Ase wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Wut?

If you havent seen his BLM guide clips on twitch, they're funny. It's all jokes in good fun

haha I'll check 'em out... Going to be leveling BLM in the next couple weeks..